24 HOUR FITNESS
Make a difference every day while building an exciting career in fitness. As a Personal Trainer (PT) at 24 Hour Fitness you will work one-on-one and in small groups with members to help them achieve their fitness goals. Be the spark that inspires someone to keep training, to try harder and to live healthier. We’ll help you advance your career through four Personal Trainer levels and access to our network of more than 3 million members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Demonstrate the value of personal training by creating an outstanding personal training experience for new and existing clients
- Make our clubs easy to use by guiding and educating members and clients on comprehensive fitness programs as well as products
- Motivate and inspire clients to get results by setting goals, creating customized workout plans and tracking progress
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients’ goals that include appropriate exercise selection and teaching a fitness lifestyle.
- Understand the principles of physical fitness and proper exercise technique
- Able to coach, motivate and inspire members at every stage of their fitness journey
- Present and sell training and nutritional products
- Provide exceptional customer service and build a loyal client base
- Prior Personal Trainer experience is preferred, but not required
Certifications / Educational Requirements :
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification
- Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Fitness or related field or an approved Personal Training Certification (listed below):
- ACSM, ACE, Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research, C.H.E.K, IFPA, NASM, NCSF, NESTA, NETA, NFPT, NSCA, PTA Global, W.I.T.S.
Physical Requirements :
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking
Work Environment :
- While performing the duties of this job the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Bonus pay
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.