Ace Electric, Inc.
Are you looking for a career, not just a job? Look no further, Ace Electric, Inc. is the place for you! Since our inception in Valdosta, GA in 1975, Ace has been performing quality electrical installations in a full range of markets including: retail, education, healthcare, institutional, industrial, commercial, correctional facilities, hospitality, military bases and others. In the past 15 years, locations have been added in Macon, GA, Atlanta, GA, Jackson, TN, Statesboro, GA and Siler City, NC. Ace offers fabrication services, hard bid, design-build, negotiated contracts and fee-based work. We have the resources, professional staff and project management team to handle almost any type of electrical project. Our history of safety and quality has been established through years of successful projects and satisfied customers. Ace Electric is growing bigger in business each year and has no signs of slowing down!
The Site Safety Professional is responsible for overseeing the safety of all projects within their division. This will include compliance with the Corporate Safety Program, the company s Drug-Free workplace program, and other safety requirements mandated by the owner or general contractor of the current contract. The Site Safety Professional reports to the Project Manager.
When joining our Team You Will:
- Be appreciated.
- Make an impact.
- Receive competitive pay and benefits.
- Learn and grow.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn and willingness to try new techniques.
- Desire to see others succeed by mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Proficient with computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to focus on details while still maintaining a large picture perspective.
- Proven ability to develop and work as member of a team.
- Good understanding of CFR 1910, CFR 1926, NFPA-70e and any other applicable safety standards or regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate the proper use and operation of industry specific safety equipment and instruments. (Gas Detector, PFAS, DMM, Light Meter, PPE, etc.)
- Proven ability to teach safety related classes on a jobsite or in a classroom.
- Proven ability to foster a positive and productive safety culture while promoting cooperation and improved morale throughout the division.
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver s License.
- Works closely with Division Manager, Project Managers and Superintendents to implement a safety and education training program in compliance with the Corporate Safety Program.
- Ensures the Corporate Safety Program is understood and adhered to, on the assigned project.
- Identifies and implements best safety practices.
- Leads company safety and health activities by providing direction and training to division personnel.
- Supports and implements new safety initiatives that may arise from a safety audit, incident or other sources.
- Provides technical support to all personnel to ensure compliance with Federal & State safety & health regulations.
- Remains up-to-date and knowledgeable on all OSHA regulations.
- Issues Safety Alerts for serious incidents (employee injury, property damage, near miss, etc.).
- Assures all newly hired associates are given a thorough orientation concerning the Corporate Safety Program. (NESO)
- Conducts Frequent and Regular jobsite inspections and audits focusing on recognizable hazards, unsafe work practices, and corrective actions or procedures to be implemented to correct deficiencies.
- Prepares and maintains project safety records, and reports to improve the company s safety performance and comply with all government agencies, insurance carriers and internal procedures.
- Work with Project Managers, Superintendents and Corporate Safety to ensure all necessary safety equipment, safety manuals and documents are maintained on projects.
- Works closely with Division Manager, Project Managers and Superintendents to develop and implement Site Specific Safety Plans for their assigned projects.
- Advises all personnel on the use of necessary personal protective equipment, job safety materials and first-aid equipment.
- Purchases all safety equipment and supplies for their assigned projects in coordination with the division safety professional.
- Assists project personnel in the preparation of permit applications for high-risk activities. (Energized Work, First Energization of Services, Confined Space Entry, etc)
- Be onsite to supervise and assist during the performance of any high risk activities)
- Ensures all incidents (injuries, property damage, and near misses) are properly reported and investigated to include visiting the work area, interviewing employees, taking pictures and completing incident investigation form.
- Administer drug and alcohol screens in cooperation with HR and Corporate Safety.
- Assists HR with any claims management issues. (Workers Comp, Vehicle Ins., General Liability, etc.)
- Be onsite to accompany any safety inspection by OSHA, insurance carriers, customers safety personnel, or others.
- Works closely with Corporate Safety and the company s legal department to reduce, contest, or mitigate any potential OSHA citations.
- Collaborate with other company safety personnel to audit and improve the Corporate Safety Program.
- Assists with the completion of all Customer Safety Prequalification forms as directed.
- License: Valid state driver’s license as required by job conditions or by the company.
- OSHA 500 Outreach Trainer, CHST preferred
- CPR/First Aid training certification
- Education: High School Graduate or GED. Bachelor s preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in construction, electrical construction and construction safety preferred.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
- Work in restricted areas (switch gear-room, manholes, utility tunnels and crawl spaces).
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required, including night shifts and out-of-town work if required.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Must be able to train personnel in the safe operation of equipment (trenchers, lift trucks, aerial work platforms, etc.).
- Train personnel on safe work practices as outlined in Safety Handbook.
- Operate company truck with manual and automatic transmission.
- Read and interpret maps, manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, Vision Plans, Paid time off, and many more!
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Employee discounts and a tool purchase program
- Apprenticeship Program and Career Progression Opportunities
Ace Electric, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
Ace Electric, Inc. provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. Ace Electric, Inc. abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.