Aegis Therapies® is one of the nation’s leading providers of rehabilitation and wellness services. We offer short-term and long-term therapy services in over 1,100 locations in 36 states.
Aegis specializes in providing services that adapt to each individual’s needs, using leading-edge technology and innovation to help restore strength and confidence after illness, injury or surgery. More importantly we help individuals return to the activities they love.
When you join our team, you will always be a step ahead of the latest technologies and industry standards while building your professional skills and reaching your most ambitious goals — whether in a home health setting, outpatient, occupational, physical or speech therapy, medially oriented gyms or office support.
Restorative Aide for Senior Care
Full Time: 40 hrs per week, day shift
Location: Bourbon Heights, Paris, KY
Provides knowledge and expertise in delivering appropriate wellness, fitness and exercise programs for patients and employees. Suggests additional programs and provides information related to exercise/wellness activities. Assist in the restorative care of patients as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Directly deliver wellness/exercise programs and services for patient and employee health
- Direct or assist patients in transfer techniques to walk or use walkers, and with range of motion. Coordinate self-help training; coordinate or assist with other restorative functions; evaluate progress and document daily.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed lines, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Monitor client participation and performance and produces records as requested
- Monitor existing equipment and supplies available for effective operation of programs and makes suggestions for enhancements
- Participate as requested in quality review activities to assure appropriate delivery of services, and standards of practice requirements are met
- Complete required documentation relative to patient/employee services
- Adhere to established procedures related to patient orientation/start-up
- Interact with customer staff and team members in a positive manner, work collaboratively to ensure patient/employee and customer satisfaction relative to services rendered
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Current certification as Certified Nursing Assistant in state of practice
- Specialty certification as personal trainer, exercise specialist, fitness instructor, health and fitness specialist or similar area, preferred
- Background in exercise and activity training with senior populations, preferred
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Capable of working without direct supervision.
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear, ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive skills.
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers.*
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds rarely.
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day.
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead.
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM).
CODE OF CONDUCT
Must adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.