eLearning Training Specialist – Service Center Operations
Working with AF Group or one of our brands is more than a job. It is a career at one of the most dynamic, innovative and successful insurance companies in the nation. In fact, we’ve been named the no. 1 large employer by Business Insurance magazine on their 2017 list of Best Places to Work in Insurance.
The eLearning Training Specialist will be responsible for providing technical expertise for the organization’s Service Center Operations by developing new eLearning courses, graphics, animations, videos, activities and revising existing eLearning items within the Learning Management System (LMS). The individual will be responsible for maintaining training content within the LMS. This individual will work closely with trainers, subject matter experts, and leadership to identify needs to prepare content using industry online learning standards.
- Partners with subject matter experts, trainers, and documentation specialist to write, design and develop dynamic instructional interactions, simulations,training modules/courses, materials and videos.
- Develop and implement assessments and evaluations to measure learning outcomes and develop a plan for ongoing evaluation/course methodology.
- Reviews and revises content based on feedback from team members, SMEs, management and other stakeholders, resulting in the achievement of program goals.
- Maintain proficiency with the use and understanding of instructional design tools.
- Produce and edit videos using Final Cut Pro or similar tool editing technology.
- Administer, maintain, provide support and troubleshoot questions for online courses and curriculum within a Learning Management System.
- Assembles, compiles, disseminates reports on learning effectiveness from the LMS or other software.
- Evaluates instructional software, multimedia applications and web-based educational technologies as a basis for meeting the needs of training.
- Remains up to date on best practices surrounding development, materials, media and testing used to present content provided.
- Ensure document and product logic, accuracy and tone are appropriate for target audience.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends solutions to streamline the production process.
- Represent department on special project teams and committees, as assigned.
- Maintains awareness of best practices and emerging trends in adult learning and training technology.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Web, Graphic, or Instructional Design or a related field in training and development.
- Coursework in visual or multi-media design and/or web development. Combinations of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three (3) years in an education or corporate learning environment which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities, including experience in instructional design, LMS administration and developing online courses.
- Thorough knowledge and application of adult learning theory and instructional design principles with a focus on eLearning/virtual design/graphic design, story boarding, and training methodologies, utilizing the latest interactive learning technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various authoring and eLearning development tools such as Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Photoshop, Camtasia, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, and/or Adobe Premiere.
- Demonstrated knowledge of recording and editing audio and using eLearning development tools.
- Knowledge and experience of Instructional Design Models such as ADDIE, SAM, Blooms Taxonomy.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to proofread documents for accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation and format.
- Ability to take content information and transform it into clear and concise training material and media.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, including building and maintaining relationships with others.
- Ability to be highly creative, self motivated and apply concept to practice.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills. Ability to create project timelines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated excellence in content presentation to achieve desired learning solutions.
- Knowledge of computers with advanced knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, including PowerPoint and other standard Microsoft products.
- Advanced knowledge of effective communication principles and practices (verbal, written and electronic).
- Ability to establish a personal rapport at all levels of the organization, especially internal customers and managers and to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of WebEx, Skype, GoToMeeting, or other virtual learning and collaboration tools that support the design of learning events.
- Ability to make competent, independent decisions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and address them or refer them for the appropriate decision-making.
- Ability to interact with others to build consensus for implementation decisions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of micro-learning strategies and implementation.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Minimal travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Education or Corporate Training: 3 years (Required)
- Instructional Design, LMS and online course development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.