American Furniture Warehouse
American Furniture Warehouse is proud to offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for our employees!
- Low Deductibles on Medical Plans
- Great Dental coverage
- Excellent Vision program
- Flex Expenses Account for both Medical and Dependent Day Care
- Life/AD&D; Insurance available for Employees and Dependents
- Reasonable Long‐Term Disability Premiums
- Aflac Supplemental Plans Including
- Short Term Disability, Hospital, Accident, and Cancer
- Ultimate Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) and 401(k) Roth Retirement Savings Plan Perks
- Family owned company who cares about their employees
- Convenient Wellness Program
- Vacation Pay (Earned after the first 90 days of employment)
- Sick Pay (Earning begins at date of hire)
- Paid weekly
- Holiday Pay and Two Personal Holidays after 60 days
- Multiple Employee Discount Offers
- Years of Service Recognition Program
The role of the Fleet Safety Trainer is to coach and train CDL drivers, and to improve fleet driving standards in order to ensure safety and regulatory compliance, as well as maximize efficiency and reduce operational costs across the fleet. The Fleet Safety Trainer is also responsible for re-training existing drivers when necessary, and for maintaining training records for all CDL drivers. This individual also coordinates hiring for CDL drivers, including active recruitment of qualified candidates, prescreening, interviewing, submitting offers for applicants, and conducting new driver orientation. Flexibility and adaptability, along with a highly critical eye for attention to details, are essential qualities for the Fleet Safety Trainer position.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Previous experience actively recruiting and hiring qualified OTR drivers. Minimum 1 year preferred.
- Strong computer skills. Previous experience with McLeod, OmniTracs, Fuel Systems, Infiniti, Microsoft Suite, preferred
- Previous experience administering and delivering all aspects of orientation and training inside and outside of a classroom environment.
- Ability to plan and deliver the induction plan for new drivers.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to teach Smith System and other common driving-related courses.
- Ability to road test CDL applicants.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A CDL.
- Previous OTR experience.
- In-depth comprehension of FMCSA regulations as well as local statutes.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Flexibility and adaptability is essential.
- Must be able to travel to various AFW locations occasionally.
- Positive attitude with professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn, use, and train others to use proprietary computer systems and mobile platform applications.
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and the ability to promote awareness.
- Ensure compliance of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Coordinate and work effectively with multiple departments to continuously improve processes, maximize efficiency, and exceed customer service expectations.
- Knowledge and experience using appropriate methods to assess driver skills.
- Ability to work with peers/other driver trainers to ensure company-wide consistency in AFW’s approach to training and development.
- Assess employee performance, communicate goals and expectations, provide honest feedback and coach team members.
- Ensure training records are kept up to date and employee files are maintained.
- Communicate, lead, and develop teamwork with the AFW management team and drivers.
- Review driver infringements and arrange re-training when necessary.
- Must possess great time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail is critical in order to ensure the strictest level of compliance with all regulations.
- Professional with good communication skills.
- Able to work 10+ hours a day and have the flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends with prolonged periods of standing.
- Knowledge of GPS equipment.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 8 hours or more daily
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
Physical Work Environment
- Fluorescent Lighting
- Concrete Flooring
- Climate effected by outside conditions
- Considerable exterior noise
- Extreme temperature fluctuations in the warehouse
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.
American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Location: 5801 N 99th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85305, USA
Location: 5801 N 99th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85305, USA
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.