ANTS Sports & Enrichment
Make a positive difference on America’s youth by teaching youth yoga classes safely outdoors!
Do you love working with youth, teaching yoga and wellness, and helping others improve? As a Youth Yoga Teacher with ANTS (America’s Next Talented Stars), you’ll lead a weekly small group class at one of our Oakland area park communities. Our winter season begins the week of January 11th 2020 and lasts through the spring, with programs occurring once/week. Time commitment is 1-10 hrs per week, depending on how many classes you teach. We provide all necessary training, equipment, and support. Being an ANTS Teacher is a great way to get involved with youth and serve the community. Come join our team!
ANTS offers programs in dance, tennis, basketball, soccer, and more. If interested and your schedule permits, you may coach different sports multiple days of the week.
To Apply: Please complete our online application here: https://forms.gle/qbWpNyZB4LU6xPx8A
- Manage a small group yoga class of 4-8 students
- Understand and strictly follow all COVID-19 safety protocols (including wearing a mask at all times while coaching)
- Attend an orientation training in person and (if applicable) pick up sports equipment from ANTS
- Teach the FUNdamentals of yoga through a cohesive and game-filled lesson plan
- Interact positively with parents, students, and ANTS staff
- Ensure a safe and reliable program by conducting roll call and signing in/out students before and after class
- Set up before and clean up after your program
- Transport all equipment to/from class each week (head coach only)
Our partner schools are located across Oakland, San Francisco, and Walnut Creek. Because schools are distance learning only currently, we’ll be running classes at local community parks for small groups only.
Classes generally take place each day of the week and you can choose to teach one day per week or more depending on your schedule. Teachers must be available at the following times on the day(s) they’re assigned to teach.
- Transportation: Teachers & coaches must have reliable transportation to get to their various coaching sites. You will be required to bring equipment to & from class so a vehicle is very helpful.
- Responsible & professional: Arrive on time to each practice and keep accurate attendance. Interact with parents and school staff positively.
- Communication: Have strong communication skills. It is required for coaches to communicate with ANTS, parents, and site staff through email and phone.
- Enthusiastic & fun: ANTS coaches should always be positive role models for our students. We expect that you share our deep beliefs in the larger themes we are promoting: sportsmanship, wellness, and respect. Help make ANTS Sports the highlight of our blossoming athletes’ day!
- Patience: Be a patient person who understands young children & the need to develop at their own pace.
- Experience: Experience as a player or coach (at least 2 years) is highly preferred, though not necessarily required.
- Background check: A successful candidate must pass a Federal & State Background Check and/or FBI Fingerprinting (Livescan) and test negative for TB test (within the last 4 year).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Yoga Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working with kids: 1 year (Preferred)
Company’s Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.