Anytime Fitness in Alaska
About the Job
Share our passion. Help fuel our amazing growth!
Anytime Fitness Anchorage is seeking a ‘highly motivated’ individual with a passion for helping others improve their lives through health, wellness and fitness. Fitness industry experience is not required, but first-rate people skills and a self-motivated work ethic are! Work in a fun, upbeat atmosphere where every day is different.
h2i assistant (hired 2 inspire/assist):
A perfect applicant will be available for flexible hours, be a team leader, have a passion for health, wellness and fitness, and most importantly, be a great representative of our brand! To be considered for this position, you must be a high-energy self-starter, have a caring personality, be a good motivator/coach, and enjoy sales, marketing, and building great club culture.
Important: If you are uncomfortable doing sales or calling complete strangers on the phone and asking them to stop in to see our club, this is not the position or industry for you.
A good candidate will enjoy working in a health club environment, have a friendly, outgoing personality, and genuinely care about helping others to achieve their fitness goals and get to a healthier place.
A successful applicant will be responsible to assist the H2i (Manager) oversee club operations, staff, facility, financial reports, and programs. They must be able to ‘step in’ to perform the duties of an H2i (Manager) in their absence. They also must be a ‘team player’ yet function independently when necessary, and will be expected to help the H2i (Manager) develop, implement, and evaluate new and innovative programs to attract new and retain existing members. They will lead by example and inspire others to accomplish our mission: “To provide an affordable, friendly, fun and welcoming fitness environment that encourages, educates, and motivates our members to achieve their fitness goals. To do this we offer a convenient gym with great equipment, amazing virtual classes, 24-hour tanning/HydroMassage, and a clean/friendly atmosphere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We engage our members and guest in a ‘surprisingly personable way’ to help them get to a healthier place!”
Membership Sales —
We use a proven system that helps our guests overcome their own roadblocks to starting a fitness program. When used correctly, this system doesn’t feel like sales at all. Remember, you are hired to inspire.
Club Promotional Marketing —
We love the creative “guerilla” type marketing! We do use traditional marketing strategies (television, radio, newspaper, direct mail, etc.), but we really prefer the creative stuff. A good understanding of how to use social media is a plus.
Community Involvement —
We love being a part of the local community—even if it means working on a Saturday. There are countless opportunities to get outside the club and promote our business. We actively seek to participate in the local Chamber of Commerce and community-sponsored events.
Networking / Employee Wellness —
We work with a network of local and national employers and insurance companies that try to encourage their employees to lead healthier lifestyles. Making contacts is the first step—then we try to find a solution that helps everyone.
Team Building —
Leading a team and driving results through motivation and fun is a key component to ensure success in the position. Your core team consists of personal trainers, group trainers, and part-time staff.
Member Experience —
The most important aspect of all! Does your club rock? Do your members love you? Do they like the environment you create inside the club? Are they inspired to share their experience with friends, family, and coworkers? We pride ourselves on providing top-notch customer service and aim to make each member’s and guest’s experience exceptional! Do you have this effect on people?
Operating a gym well is hard work and will require a successful candidate be friendly, personable, engaged, passionate, and very detail oriented. The following ‘bullets’ are a representative list of tasks that a successful assistant manager will need to master:
- Assist the Manager with supervision of club operations and programs.
- Assist the Manager with hiring and on-boarding of new employees. Ensure timely and accurate submission of appropriate personnel documentation.
- Assist the Manager with staff training and development, and actively participate in the accomplishment of team goals and initiatives.
- Assist the Manager with development and implementation of club programs, helping research the topics, benchmark goals.
- Assist the Manager monitor quality control of all club servicers and work with other staff to ensure superior customer service.
- Assist the Manager with equipment and facility maintenance processes. Help perform inspections and monitor preventative maintenance programs. Monitor daily the facility appearance for ‘sparkle’, to include: front entrance, main lobby, shower/changing rooms, exercise floors, gym equipment, storage and utility areas, exterior area, parking lot, dumpster, closets, walls, hallways, etc.
- Assist the Manager accomplish monthly membership goals, levels of participation, and their corresponding financial impact.
- Assist the Manager with Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Report Information.
- Assist the Manager with forecasting realistic budgets for upcoming programs. Help monitor existing budgets for current programs, and keep accurate records.
- Assist the Manager to accurately manage club supplies and inventory. Ensure accurate deposit and credit card procedures are being appropriately followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Some college towards a degree in Corporate Wellness, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Business, Hospitality or related field.
- Some experience in corporate and/or commercial wellness, hospitality, or other customer service type business where sales were a major component of the job.
- Some experience in sports or fitness with a passion for helping others achieve a healthy lifestyle.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Computer proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and presentation applications.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or with a team, and perform detail-oriented functions.
- Professional and enthusiastic in attitude and appearance. Ability to problem solve, and make key decisions.
- Professional certifications (ACSM, ACE, NASM, or similar).
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license to apply.
Staffed Hours: Normally mid-morning to early evening M-F…late morning to late afternoon Sat.
Staffed hours are subject to change based on season and scheduled events. If you have a conflict with the hours posted at the gym or on the website, this position is not for you
Benefits and Compensation:
The position is currently classified as part-time. However, there is a possibility of it turning into a full-time position sometime in the future.
Compensation is market competitive: Starting base hourly wage range of $14 to $18 per hour plus bonus incentives, depending on experience. Bonus incentives can increase total compensation an additional 10% to 20% on average.
Free gym membership with tanning/HydroMassage for the employee, and free membership for the employee’s immediate family.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.