Apache Casino Hotel
Position: Lead Bartender
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Beverage Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship a plus.
- Two years’ experience as a full service bartender.
- Knowledge and skills needed to safely prepare and serve alcoholic beverages in accordance with internal policies and external regulations and laws.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to work with personal computers, point of sale systems, liquor dispensing systems, credit card/players club card systems, cash, etc.
- Knowledgeable in food and beverage sanitation, guest service, cash control policies, practices, and protocols.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Portray a positive attitude under all circumstances, understand and represent the core values of Apache Casino Hotel and live the mission of providing exceptional service at all times.
- Mix and serve alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic beverages according to established recipes and procedures, demonstrating an upbeat and outgoing demeanor while on duty, and promoting outstanding customer relations.
- Ensure the bars are maintained in a clean and functional manner, assisting with product placement and merchandising within the bars.
- Accept cash, credit cards, or complimentary vouchers for payment of restaurant and bar items.
- Perform routine and periodic inventories for purposes of ordering, stocking and financial accounting.
- Work effectively with team members and regulatory agency personnel; serve as the primary trainer for new beverage team members, ensuring they are familiar with and adhere to all related standards.
- Follow operating procedures, safety and sanitation regulations and departmental procedures, enforcing standards through coordination of and consistent application of policies and procedures related to the beverage department.
- Notify appropriate team members when assistance is needed.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by reporting supervisor.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality/casino industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules in order to meet the business needs of Apache Casino Hotel – days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekends. We are busiest during weekends and holidays, events and peak seasons as they occur. There is a reasonable expectation you will be scheduled on duty and/or “on-call” during any of these times.
Adhere to and act in accordance with all casino policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state and local regulations
Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards may apply departmentally based on uniform requirements).Where uniforms are required, they must be clean and pressed at the beginning of each shift
- Understand and comply with the Eye, Hi, Goodbye program
- Competency to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation, carefully monitoring processes and routine work details
- Ability to clearly present information verbally and in writing; read and interpret complex information; actively listen and talk with guests and team members
Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during stressful situations
Demonstrate a high level of service delivery to ensure guest and team member satisfaction; handle service failures and prioritize guest and team member needs
- Prepare for known problems and opportunities in advance; willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise
- Maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority
- Capable of using tact, maintaining confidences, and fostering an ethical work environment; giving proper credit to others, and handling situations honestly
- Ability to adapt behavior to others’ styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce, developing rapport with others and recognizing their concerns and feelings to build and maintain long-term associations based on trust
- Share due credit with team members; display team spirit, enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from fellow team members
- Ability to operate various types of equipment used in your department, for example liquor dispensing and point of sale systems, dish washing and sanitizing systems, personal computers, printers, copy machines and telephone
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential job functions.
While performing job duties the team member may sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The team member may be required to stand for prolonged periods in confined spaces, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The team member will be exposed to various foods and chemicals as well as latex. While performing job duties the team member is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate, and there are fluctuations in lighting due to flashing lights from slot machines and band lighting.
At a minimum, the selected candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug-screening test, and obtain a gaming license. Following hire the team member will be required to obtain a local food handler permit and an Oklahoma ABLE license.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.