Arizona State University
Under administrative direction, responsible for assisting in the operation of the Athletic Training facilities, as well as the direct medical care of all student-athletes, including the prevention and treatment of athletically-related injuries incurred by student athletes. May supervise Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and/or Athletic Training Students. Reports to the Head Athletic Trainer. Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as to the policies of the department, the University, and the AZ Board of Regents.
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
- Assists with the operations of the Athletic Training facilities.
- Assists with the daily treatment and rehabilitation of student athletes.
- Assists with supervision and evaluation of the Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and/or Athletic Training Students, including maintaining their hours and schedule.
- Attends scheduled team practices and competitions, including but not limited to all home events for sports as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Travels with teams as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Communicates with Team Physicians to ensure proper evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student athletes.
- Creates and regularly updates an injury report.
- Coordinates closely with the Sports Dietician on hydration and nutritional recovery services including ordering all appropriate electrolyte fluids and supplements to decrease the effect of heat and dehydration.
- Follows the NATA Code of Ethics. Remains current on all state and national requirements for license renewal.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requests and assigned by Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and two (2) years of therapeutic experience in a major educational institution or similar environment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. NATA certification and CPR certification required. Must be a licensee in good standing with the Arizona Board of Athletic Training within 120 days of hire.
- Evidence of a Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience providing prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletically related injuries to Men’s or Women’s Soccer student athletes.
- Experience with manual therapy techniques and/or advanced soft tissue mobilization techniques such as Graston or ASTYM.
- Experience with supervision of other professionals.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (60%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (20%).
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (20%).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Schedule is TBD; must have flexible schedule correlated with the assigned sport’s practice and game schedules.
- Ability to travel to away games with the team.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- Therapeutic modalities
- Operate a motor vehicle
SDA is fully committed to the principles of student-athlete welfare, institutional control, gender and ethnic diversity, and sportsmanship. This commitment includes creating an environment where student-athletes contribute to a winning tradition while enhancing the campus and local community and competing in a program having integrity and high ethical standards. SDA is committed to a leadership role within the university, community, the Pac-12 Conference, and the nation.
SDA is committed to recruit, retain and develop a diversified workforce.
ASU offers a tuition discount for the employee, their spouse and dependents and a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, health insurance and more. For more benefits information, please visit http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
Background Check Statement
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.