REPORTS TO: Sr. Facilities Manager
- Instructs scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate and effective dance skills and lessons
- Lead the instruction of dance participants, according to the approved lesson plan, in a fun environment while teaching specific dance techniques
- Maintain a positive, safe and nurturing environment
- Prepare Specific Dance Class objectives, and implement a detailed class lesson plan
- Explain and demonstrate techniques and methods of regulating movements of body to musical rhythmic accompaniment
- Provide age appropriate instruction for all levels of programs, observe students to determine physical and artistic qualifications and limitations, and plan programs to meet students’ needs and aspirations
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and department and facility policies are adhered to
- Provide positive and professional communication with customers
- Ensure the safety of all participants during classes and performances, and report any problems, unsafe conditions, behavior issues and accidents to the management
- Maintain Class log and attendance
- Keep supplies area neat and organized
- Other related duties as assigned The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification. Additional specialty/certifications preferred. Have working knowledge of fine arts, dance and training principles. Have working knowledge of group dance teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, technique, and rhythm. Ability to be professional and motivate class participants. Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members. Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays. (Hours): Part-Time. Year Round. This is a part-time position with up to 25 hours per week (hours vary seasonally). Must have availability in the evenings weekly.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- TO APPLY:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit for long hours and work with various types of fitness equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally must aide or assist participants. The employee must have the endurance to complete the instruction of the assigned fitness program.
Please click on the following link to apply:
Only candidates that apply through our online system will be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact: 312-235-7148
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.