Come and work for Balance Gym, D.C.’s best gym! Our mission is to inspire people to create balance in their lives by making fitness fun and sustainable, and we strive to do so in the most authentic and innovative ways we can. From CrossFit to pole dancing to boxing to yoga, we take pride in offering a wide breadth of fitness options without sacrificing quality, and we want you to help us make that accessible to the community of the District.
Fitness Consultants at Balance Gym run front of house operations at the front desk and grow our membership base through sales. The ideal candidate is passionate about the benefits of fitness and thrives when connecting with others in a highly social environment. We are looking for personable and charismatic individuals who want to learn, develop their skills, and ultimately grow with us.
This role has a high focus on customer service and sales. Candidates should be interested in both the fitness and sales industries. The Fitness Consultant is responsible for meeting and exceeding all key performance sales indicators for the club, including membership sales and renewals, retail and concession sales, maximizing workout traffic, and maintaining premium customer service levels.
- Maintain all front of house responsibilities during shift, including:
- Working with the Membership Director, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager to create a welcoming and responsive environment in the gym at all times
- Maintaining an organized and clean lobby/front desk area; accurately following the daily cleaning checklist of lobby/front desk area (pre/during/post shift).
- Processing accurate point of sale transactions, answering phones and taking messages, greeting members and guests promptly and enthusiastically.
- Responding immediately to member requests, inquiries, and concerns.
- Effectively represent the Balance culture and brand.
- Consistently sell gym memberships through leads provided by Balance Gym as well as through one’s own outreach and efforts.
- Continually follow up with leads provided by the Company or through one’s own internal network using proper procedures.
- Conduct gym tours and knowledgeably explain all equipment, classes, and programs.
- Make telephone calls and handle telephone inquiries.
- Maintain accurate records using Balance Gym sales systems and software.
- Learn the ins and outs of Balance Gym history and programs and educate others about Balance Gym.
- Establish and maintain referral programs.
- Be a fitness enthusiast who conveys the importance of gym membership and fitness as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Work closely and effectively with a team.
- Connect with corporate clients and develop corporate leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sales experience in the fitness industry preferred
- Ability to learn and utilize computers and MotionSoft software
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- A comprehensive understanding of the fitness industry
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a health club or the hospitality industry is preferred
- College degree preferred but not required
- Continuing Education in fitness
- Active CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications – can be scheduled upon hire
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
– Gym members are required to wear masks at all times.
– Cleanings have been increased across all gym locations.
– Employees are temperature checked and wear masks at all times.
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
Hours per week:
Company’s Facebook page:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.