Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Global Asset Technologies (GAT), a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is seeking a qualified full-time Athletic Trainer. This position works directly with the Battlefield Airmen Training Group (BATG) at Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Treat student medical issues on a daily basis and coordinate with appropriate military personnel along with the Paramedic, RSCC, Course Manager, and other contractor personnel as determined necessary for the situation.
- Maintain cleanliness and general upkeep of training facility to include, but not limited to, medical and fitness equipment.
- Organize and establish general rules of conduct for the training room facility.
- Recommend any changes to the COR in regards to all athletic training supplies and equipment used at the BA Preparatory Course.
- Keep accurate records of all injuries, method of treatment, rehabilitation, and medical releases. These positions shall pass on information to BA medical staff with respect to students’ medical needs, problems, treatments, and general information. Provide this as a Weekly Report to the Course Manager/COR.
- Work with students to prevent, diagnose and treat injuries and illness.
- Duties include tape or brace students to prevent injuries, evaluate injuries, give emergency care or first aid, create rehabilitation plans and go through them with injured students, and record patient injury, healing and recovery.
QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) or National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA).
- State of Texas license to practice or able to obtain a Texas license within 4 months of contract employment—maintained during employment.
- Must have one of the following:
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) certified personal trainer (CPT) or higher; EXOS Performance Specialist or higher,
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES);
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Health Fitness Specialist (HFS)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all of the following within 4-months of employment:
- Certified in Functional Movement Screening (FMS);
- Certified in Graston Techniques (GT) or Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilizations;
- Certified in Kinesio Taping Practitioner;
- Certified Astym therapy provider; cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Must be task oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and work as team member as well as a team lead.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with staff, other departments
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide directions.
- Ability to work in fast paced and compliance driven environment.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applied Knowledge: Athletic trainers must have knowledge about a large range of medical problems. Diagnosing, evaluating symptoms and working with other healthcare professionals will be needed.
- Decision-Making Skills: Quick thinking by athletic trainers are vital to patient health
- Attention to Detail: Athletic trainers should take notes on how people are recovering, and how to best keep them healing.
- Interpersonal Skills: Athletic trainers work with people in stressful situations. Keeping a clear head and a calm demeanor when talking to people in pain, other medical professionals, coaches and families will be an asset.
- Must have strong oral communication skills, fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking and comprehension).
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Must have advanced abilities in current versions of MS Office (Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook).
- Collegiate AT experience preferred
- Masters Degree
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 45 lbs without injury. Occasional travel may be required.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
In cooperation with medical staff, the Athletic Trainer functions as an integral member of the team working with prospective United States Air Force Special Warfare candidates during a preparatory course.
Outdoor/Indoor work will be performed
- No supervisory responsibilities
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com for more details and to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.