BlueStar Resort & Golf
Trilogy® at The Polo Club: The Polo Club
The 25,000+ square foot club offers dining, events space, fitness, pools, outdoor recreation, and is set upon a gentle rise, offering spectacular views of the Santa Rosa Mountains to the southwest and the Chocolate Mountains to the north. The feature restaurant, June Hill’s Table, as well as the 2Palms Event Center, are open to the public and available for dining reservations and private bookings.
Where: Located along the acclaimed Avenue 52 on the border of La Quinta & Indio, California
The Fitness Instructor develops fitness classes for different fitness levels, provides training for safe use of exercise equipment, and assists members during class workouts to promote a lifelong health and fitness program. This position reports to the Spa & Fitness Director.
- Ensure the BlueStar experience for members and guests by modeling and maintaining the standards set in the BlueStar Principles and adhering to BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) and facility policies
- Help monitor facility for member and/or guest use only, assuring that it is safe and secure.
- Create and facilitate safe and interesting classes for all fitness levels and lead classes with enthusiasm and support.
- Talk with members about fitness classes and help them choose a fitness routine or class to fit their lifestyle goals and any physical limitations.
- Maintain a professional instructor-client relationship.
- Report any incident or accident to the Assistant Spa & Fitness Director and/or Spa & Fitness Director.Keep current with facility calendar, and participate in facility events, activities, and seminars, as directed by management.
- Promote a total facility experience by suggesting programs and activities in other areas that can inspire or assist members with their personal and social lifestyle goals.
- Know all spa services offered and be able to suggest beneficial spa treatments, to complement a fitness routine.
- Work assigned schedule; begin and end all sessions on time; clean and disinfect exercise equipment to maintain a clean and sanitized work environment, according to procedures.
- Assist staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year previous experience and class instruction experience preferred.
- Current First Aid, CPR/AED certification, and other safety certifications, as required by the Club.
- Group Certification and and experience with 55+ audience preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to demonstrate equipment use for exercise training.
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
- Ability to speak with volume to direct a class.
- Ability to lead a class and pay attention to the class movements at the same time; willingness to respond to client’s questions or concerns.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge about exercise, health, and fitness by remaining current with industry trends.
- Ability to explain and promote other facility services to guests.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to work well with others and provide exceptional customer service dealing with members and guests.
- Must demonstrate initiative—ability to think, work, and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and meeting timeliness is a must.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, with limited travel required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
This position typically works indoors in designated fitness rooms. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is physically active and requires standing, walking, bending and twisting, reaching, and a variety of physical movement for the duration of a shift, sometimes with repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and hear, speak clearly to provide directions to the group and understand the speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment; must have strength and flexibility and be able to lift up to 45-pound weight plates. Dependable vision is critical to this position, including close and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.