Boys and Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale
You can make a difference!- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale is looking for responsible, reliable and caring adults who are committed to making a difference in our youth. This is a brand new extension site that brings renowned Boys & Girls Club programming into the Anthem community for the first time.
Provides fun, educational programs including: Education, Character & Leadership, Health & Life Skills, the Arts, Sports, Fitness & Recreation, and Technology.
Status: Part-time approximately 20-25 hours per week, $12 an hour. Paid training is required.
You must be 21 years old, be able to drive our youth and possess a minimum of High School diploma or GED. Background checks and drug screening are also required.
Visit bgcs.org/jobs for more information and to apply online.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Coordinator, leads program areas providing young people with a fun, safe place to foster academic success, good character and leadership, and healthy lifestyles.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensures safety of members at all times
- Supervises and engages youth in a variety of program areas and activities as assigned
- Designs, prepares, and develops various fun and educational program plans
- Assists members, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts
- Presents subject matter to members, utilizing a variety of methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion, and supervised role-playing
- Drives members to and from branch locations and field trips (not currently, due to COVID-19)
- Has fun with a purpose
- Other tasks as assigned
A passion for working with youth.
- Belief in our core values – I CARE- Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to supervise children in a variety of program areas and activities
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple and varied tasks
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain energetic, engaged and be positive
- Must be 21 and have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a clean driving record and pass drug screening and background tests
- Prior experience working with youth in a learning environment preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to move quickly and remain active to keep up with youth the entire day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.