Brookhaven at Lexington
We are seeking a full-time Fitness Instructor to teach fitness and/or aquatic classes, provide personal training to residents, instruct on fitness equipment and safety, administer assessments and monitor pool and spa to ensure resident safety.
40 hours/week: 5 days weekly – Tuesday through Saturday. Daily hours schedules vary between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 7:00 am to 3:00 pm depending on the needs of the department.
- Teach a variety of fitness and/or aquatic classes at appropriate levels of ability and intensity, assessing the needs and capabilities of all class participants and teaching exercises in a safe and efficient manner.
- Act as Pool Monitor, ensuring safety and well-being of swimmers.
- Assess the needs and capabilities of individuals and devise personal exercise programs according to individual needs and level of fitness.
- Provide advice to individuals on the correct method and use of fitness equipment.
- Track resident attendance at fitness programs.
- Provide personal training to residents.
- Follow safety and rescue policies and procedures and emergency call procedures.
- Keep pool area and locker rooms safe and neat.
- Enforce pool rules and health regulations.
- Carry out pool closing procedures.
- Report equipment/environment issues.
- Maintain positive relationship with residents.
- Provide administrative support to Fitness & Recreation Manager.
- Communicate resident issues/concerns to Fitness & Recreation Manager.
- Ensure that fitness equipment is properly set up and maintained.
- Consult with Fitness & Recreation Manager to devise health and fitness programs.
- Notify the Fitness & Recreation Manager when unable to fulfill schedule and arrange for substitute whenever possible.
- Maintain current Fitness, Water Safety and CPR certification.
- Ensure fitness areas and equipment are free of safety hazards by monitoring daily.
- Clean and sanitize fitness equipment daily.
- Check pool chemicals as scheduled.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Current Personal Trainer certification
- CPR certification
- Experience in a fitness instructor role, preferably in an elder care setting
Brookhaven offers its employees competitive wages, subsidized medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off and participation in retirement plan.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.