Brooklyn Center Community Schools
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking Bus Driver applicants to join our team. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person’s intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one’s higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
Pay and Benefits: Starting at $20.16/hour, and benefits
Hours: 6:30am-8:00am and 2:30pm-4:00pm
Duty Days: Student contact days plus additional training days
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of a BCCS Bus Driver:
- Ensures that the bus can be operated safely before driving and conducts pre-trip safety inspections as required by federal and state laws to include observing visual defects and checking operating systems.
- Operates the vehicle safely over an assigned route, picking up and delivering only authorized students at assigned bus stops, and watches to ensure that no one hurrying for the bus is left behind.
- Keeps assigned time schedules and makes every effort to be on time while ensuring safety.
- Obeys all traffic laws and transportation practices.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and keeps all emergency exits clear of obstructions.
- Secures wheelchairs, car seats, and other restraining devices on the bus as needed.
- Maintains student discipline on the bus and enforces rules governing student conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory state training will be provided.
Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with passenger and air brake endorsement.
Why Choose BCCS?
Bus Drivers working 25 hours or more are eligible for benefits. Benefit packages include the following options:
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D; Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Other BCCS employee perks include:
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.Application Process:
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.brooklyncenterschools.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.16 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- passenger endorsement: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Class B CDL (Required)
- Air Brake Endorsement (Required)
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.