Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest: Sales
Job Title: Analyst, Trade Strategy & Planning
We are currently seeking a Trade Strategy and Planning Analyst! This position is responsible for supporting end-to-end cross-functional projects that have a high impact to Trade Strategy & Planning department at Carnival Cruise Line as well as analyzing performance for various sales channels, including some of our major Trade partners.
This role will be responsible for extracting data from multiple databases, consolidating results, updating dashboards and providing analysis on progress for a wide variety of agencies. He/she will also work closely with key inter-departmental functional areas such as Revenue Management, Trade Support, Marketing, and Reservations.
- Supports projects from end-to-end across all phases in various categories impacting the Trade Strategy & Planning department. Obtains an in-depth understanding of all Travel Agency commercial terms and contractual agreements to create reporting tools used to track progress towards goals and forecast earning potential for various incentive plans. Provides regular performance updates to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Monitors a sales reporting mailbox. Reports on key performance metrics for select agencies on a daily basis and addresses time sensitive ad-hoc reporting requests form the Trade Strategy and Operations team. Extracts data from multiple databases, consolidates results, and highlights trends to facilitate decision making.
- Supports all phases of the creation of Travel Agency presentations requested by the sales team (quarterly, mid-year, end of year). These phases include planning, content generation/creation, design, communication, and follow up. Partner presentations provide valuable insights into how individual agencies are performing across a wide variety of metrics and how that performance compares to its peer group. They are also used to show historical trends, forecast compensation for the current year, and present the compensation package for the following year.
- Supports the planning and budgeting cycle for the Trade Strategy & Planning department as needed. Measures performance against pre-defined success metrics and shares business trends, opportunities and risks with upper management on a regular basis.
- Attends meetings and collaborates with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, operations, finance or related preferred.
- Must have 2/3 years of experience in analytics/project management/project-solving/database management that demonstrates the successful application of analytical and decision-making skills and ability work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environments.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and a methodical process in performing work assignments are critical. Capable of effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously. Capable of developing and managing budgets. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt easily to change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex analysis across all levels of the organization in a simple and quickly understandable format with the appropriate amount of detail and explanation.
- Must have hands-on experience extracting data from database application systems such as SAS, SQL developer or Hyperion. Preferred knowledge of the cruise industry.
Benefits as a member of Carnival’s Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
- Certified Great Place to Work.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 26 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival’s guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience. Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.