Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest: Marine Operations
Job Title: Supervisor, Clinical Governance (CCL)
We are hiring a Supervisor, Clinical Governance who will report to the Manager of Clinical services for the North America Health Services Group. The main goal of this role will be to develop the strategy, in conjunction with the manager, for a health quality accreditation program for Carnival Cruise Line that will lead the organization to achieve and maintain international healthcare accreditation. Supervise the Clinical Governance system including a quality assurance and continuous quality improvement program. Assist in writing and editing policies and procedures, coordinating internal and external audits and closing out non-compliance findings. Supervise a team of senior fleet nurses that will be trained in conducting audits, and reporting findings. Maintain a database of global Seafarer Medical Examination Facilities and arrange regular audits and QA program of those facilities. Review, analyze and respond to guest pre-and post-cruise medical concerns including complaint investigation and closure.
- Supervise a broad range of clinical governance areas including audits, policy, patient feedback, medical errors, and the correlation of annual Governance Reports. This includes the supervision of a Senior Clinical Governance Coordinator and 4 Senior Fleet Nurses.
- Maintain an internal medical center healthcare audit program on at least 30% of the fleet annually. Review, analyze and closeout findings.
- Act as liaison with legal department regarding guest and crew claims Review, investigate and respond to guest complaints regarding the delivery of shipboard medical services.
- Review medically relevant HESS-MS and Tier III medical policies and procedures, and work with the Manager to draft new or revised policies to clarify and align in collaboration with Corporate Medical Working Groups.
- Support the ships by clarifying and communicating medical policies and procedures.
- Liaise between guest access and shipboard medical staff to provide appropriate and timely response to guest special needs
- Maintain a database of global Seafarer Medical Exam Facilities and arrange regular audits and QA program of those facilities.
- Be available for emergency medical operations as necessary and to provide support to case management team related to complex guest medical cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or an RN preferred
- Master’s in Nursing a plus
- 4 years minimum clinical experience.
- Clinical Governance including audit experience required.
- Expert-level writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various medical teams.
- Strong clinical logic capable of researching and comment on current evidence-based guidelines.
Benefits as a member of Carnival’s Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival’s guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.