Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest: Marine Operations
Job Title: Industrial Engineering Manager
We are currently seeking an Industrial Engineering Manager! Lead continuous improvement projects across the Marine Operations organization, including process improvement, efficiency initiative, and strategic projects. This role will be responsible for identifying project opportunities across all departments and leading process development projects through identification, initiation, scoping, and solution development. This role will partner closely with department heads and teams throughout the entire Marine Organization, with regular status reporting to the EVP of Marine Operations. Aside from scoping and solution development, this role will also serve as a project manager over various initiatives, leading teams ranging from SVPs to analysts providing guidance, and directions where needed driving focus, timeliness and results. Additionally, this role will act as a SME for process development, training Marine Operations team members in out-of-the-box thinking for efficiency opportunities in their own areas. This position will lead 2 Marine Strategy analysts, who will support the Marine Strategic 5-year plan as well as process improvement projects.
- Drive process improvement and efficiency efforts across the departments within marine operations. This includes gathering information from key leaders as well as the use of out of the box thinking and key industry standards to then identify scope, solve, and implement key projects that will provide solutions and efficiencies across the organization.
- Provide leadership, ensure accountability and drive focus on Marine Projects by producing status updates on timelines, responsibilities, budgets, and scope for project teams and executive leaders. Provide out-of-the-box thinking and continuous improvement expertise to partner with leadership team to identify areas of opportunity and scope potential projects.
- Lead and develop Marine Strategy Analysts, by providing coaching, giving guidance, and directions where needed to ensure the projects and/or analysis they are responsible for stay on task, on budget and achieve desired results.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and problem solving by developing and leading training across the Marine Operations Division and identifying current and optimized process flows for process development and improvement using lean and six-sigma principals.
- Develop long term KPIs and dashboards to track progress of projects. Quantify results and trends and report this regularly to EVP of Marine Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred.
- MBA or master’s degree preferred. Lean, Six-Sigma certification preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing multiple projects and driving process improvement. At least 2 years of experience managing a team.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills, Ability to lead, coach and motivate people at all levels of the organization. Strong communication and presentation skills.Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time. Strong ability to problem and solve and make decisions based on root cause analysis.
Benefits as a member of Carnival’s Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
- Certified Great Place to Work.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 26 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival’s guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience. Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.