Center for Employment Training
Under the supervision of the Center Director, performs technical training instruction in Introduction to Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Human Anatomy, Common Disorders and Treatments, Transfer Techniques, Patient Positioning, Massage & Therapy, Fitness, Administrative Techniques, Customer Service, and Job Preparedness.
Provides administrative support as required and participates in planning and coordinating student activities; participates in promoting the CET mission and initiatives and in the accomplishment of the organization’s goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (May include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Conducts classroom instruction using a variety of techniques and approaches—small group, individual training, etc., on a daily basis.
- Develops and integrates skill competencies, goals and objectives into lesson plans; demonstrates effective teaching methods and techniques.
- Integrates and applies vocational English to daily lesson plans and hands-on training for limited English speaking students.
- Prepares written materials and handouts that are descriptive, well-organized and legible.
- Conducts skill informational sessions for prospective and new applicants.
- Utilizes dynamic instructional approaches to engage all students in learning activities and may access multi-media tools to enhance training.
- Maintains a professional, well-organized and stimulating atmosphere in the classroom/shop which is conducive to learning.
- Interacts with students, co-workers and supervisors in a positive, cooperative and professional manner, so as to demonstrate to students a model of expected behavior on the job. Manages student behavior in the classroom/shop.
- Conducts individual advising sessions; motivates students toward greater achievement in skill work performance and in maintaining good attendance. Promotes “self-help” attitudes and positive self-images.
- Evaluates students’ progress in accordance with established standards and criteria.
- Conducts student follow-ups with Job (J) status students and graduates at the required intervals and records information in the student database management system.
- Plans and coordinates guest speakers and industry tours that enhance employment opportunities for students.
- Maintains relations with Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) members and complies with all related policies and procedures as required.
- Collaborates with staff to assess student and program needs; works as a unit team member for the guidance and development of every student.
- Maintains confidential attendance records, student files, including progress reports that may be shared with sponsoring agents, and complying with all federal and state laws regarding adherence to safeguards to protect confidential student data (Personal Identifiable Information).
- Utilizes software programs to analyze, process, record, retrieve and verify statistical data, and to prepare training materials.
- Researches, evaluates, selects, and orders books, instructional aids, and equipment; maintains and secures required inventory.
- Maintains technical skill knowledge by completing continuing education courses in his/her subject area, classroom management or other courses related to teaching as required.
- Attends staff development trainings which may require overnight travel, as required.
- Maintains good organization in the classroom or other work areas and adheres to safety standards. Conducts regular inspections of designated work areas and equipment and reports any hazardous or unsafe working conditions to their supervisor or safety committee. Works with other staff to conduct emergency disaster drills
- Responds as the campus security authority as needed during a safety, security, emergency or disaster situation.
- Performs other program related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern technology and field related terminology.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge and skills in documenting and maintaining patient care records.
- Knowledge of identifying and communicating problems to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of following medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Knowledge of establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with patients and other staff.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients and other staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of how to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Good telephone manners and etiquette.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
- Detail oriented and organization.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to work well and effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate effectiveness of training and achievement of program goals.
- Knowledge of computer equipment operations and various software programs including, word processing, database management and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of current safety standards related to an office or other customer service work environment.
- Exhibit sensitivity to a multicultural student population.
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise flexibility as needed. Act independently and exercise sound judgement; maintain confidentiality in all matters related to students.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and present reports and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze system reports to ensure accuracy and determine compliance with established performance standards.
- Ability to meet performance standards, and to plan and execute corrective action as needed.
- Ability to ensure accurate and timely preparation of various required documentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective cooperative relationships.
- Ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions both independently and in cooperation with others.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
CET shall employ instructors who possess these academic, experiential and professional qualifications to teach:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a health field
- At least three years of experience in the health field working directly in at least twoof the following areas (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Personal Care Aide, Massage Therapy and Fitness Trainer)
- Teaching or training in any setting
Applicant must have at least one of the following:
- Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Aide or Assistant Certificate
- Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Aide or Assistant Certificate
- Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide Certificate
- Fitness Trainer Certificate
- Massage Therapy Certificate
Use of a personal or company vehicle for CET business may be necessary in the performance of assigned duties such as attending meetings and events, transporting students, picking up materials, and running errands. The Human Resources Department may request copies of a valid driver’s license and proof of personal automobile insurance upon being hired and annually thereafter.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
Pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 71720, CET will not employ or continue to employ anyinstructor or faculty who was adjudicated in anyjudicial or administrative proceeding as having: (1) violated any provision of the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (Cal. Educ. Code § 94800, et seq.) or its implementing regulations (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 5, § 70000 et seq.); (2) committed an act that would constitute grounds for denial of a license to instruct under California Business and Professions Code, Section 480; (3) committed an act that would constitute grounds for denial of a license to instruct in any other legal jurisdiction; or (4) committed an act that would violate CET policy.
Criminal background checks are required for instructor applicants recommended for hire or current employees who are transferred, promoted, reclassified, or reassigned to instructor positions.
- In the capacity of instructional lecturing duties, position requires standing, sitting, talking, walking, reaching, twisting, and turning.
- The hands-on technical demonstration also requires bending, grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard and other related office/classroom equipment.
- Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading reports and work related documents using a computer.
- The need to lift, sort and arrange records/files, paper, and documents weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Work requires full range of body motion including the demonstration of handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Standing and walking for brief periods of time.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Adequate color vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent to medical practice and common office work.
- Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone contacts.
Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodation. May be required to travel for periodic trainings or CET business related activities.
Does not involve any exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, blood borne pathogens and other conditions common to a medical center environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CET is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to be in compliance with all federal, state and local law relative to discrimination in employment. CET follows the practice of promoting Equal Employment Opportunity.
Company Website: https://cetweb.edu/
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.