Austin – TX, AUSTINB, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
**Currently hiring for Q2 2019**
Schwab was built around a simple idea: put the client first. Many companies say that, but we work to keep clients at the heart of everything we do by offering a more modern way to build and manage wealth. We have evidence of this through our areas of recognition, such as one of the most admired companies of 2017, Best online Brokers of 2017 and Top Workplace for 2017. We are champions for employers and those who work for them and are looking for additional champions to join our team as a Participant Services Associate. Our team is made up of a diverse workforce including experienced professionals, individuals looking for a career change or re-entering the workforce and recent college graduates. If you enjoy providing a superior level of service to others around you, have a passion for continuous learning and enjoy working with like-minded individuals to learn from and share best practices with please continue reviewing our opportunity.
Retirement planning can be overwhelming. With the right people, Schwab makes it easier.
What you’ll do:
As a member of the Participant Services team, you will speak with participants of employer-sponsored retirement plans by phone to provide guidance and solutions. You will work in a team-based environment as you have one-on-one interactions with employees of Schwab sponsored plans. You will build your knowledge and skills with ongoing classroom and hands-on training to become a subject matter expert on retirement products and services. Throughout your time in the role you will:
- Complete a mix of instructor-led classroom training and on-the-job (OJL) in your first year
- Grow your knowledge of the financial services industry and Schwab’s unique position
- Perform in a fast-paced, inbound service center environment representing Schwab in every phone, email or chat interaction
- Consult with retirement clients to identify needs and offer solutions
- Care enough to ask the difficult questions knowing that just one question, the right question, can change a participant’s future
- Work toward career advancement and development opportunities
- Pursue advanced licensure and grow your brokerage knowledge by working closely with management to identify a career path with Schwab
What you have:
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7 & 66 licenses
- If not currently licensed, you will have a condition of employment to obtain the FINRA Series 7 & Series 66 licenses
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for helping, servicing and educating others; strong client-focus and the desire to build relationships during each interaction
- Active listening skills and analyze account information to better understand their needs
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- Embrace coaching and feedback for continuous improvement
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
Where you’ll be:
This position can be located in Austin, TX
What you’ll get:
Sabbatical Program, Employee Wellness Program, Volunteer Time, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Resource Groups and – the opportunity to do the best work of your life!
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized Advice, Brokerage Discounts
- A culture of employee development and promoting from within
- The ability to earn an annual bonus based on company results and personal performance
- Learn more about Life@Schwab
- See Charles Schwab Benefits for more details
- Hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at Schwab
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, June 2, 2019
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.