Chatham Glen Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
The Staff Development and Quality Liaison is responsible to work in conjunction with the facility DON, Administrator, and the facility QAA/QAPI Committee to assess the training needs of nursing staff and to develop, implement, evaluate and document staff development programs.
The Staff Development and Quality Liaison is responsible for the oversight of onboarding for nursing employees, and assists with the delivery of mandatory education, and special programs, to include participation in infection control programs, and in establishing and validating competency based skills checks in conjunction with facility job categories and expectations. Must be willing to provide on unit support as indicated, and be flexible in coordination of hours to meet the needs of the facility.
· Must be a Registered Nurse or L.P.N in the state of Florida
· Must have over two years’ experience in staff development in the healthcare field or on an alternate role in which staff education was presented, developed, and utilized to reduce risk, promote quality outcomes and employee performance.
· Most be proficient in PCC with experience in PCC integration.
· Must be IV certified and familiar with state and federal regulatory requirements.
· Attends and participates in scheduled in-service programs and staff meetings.
· Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
· Utilizes supplies and equipment properly and without waste.
· Able to work effectively alongside nursing staff and demonstrate appropriate clinical techniques to meet competency requirements.
· Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job.
· Performs any miscellaneous work assignments as may be required
· Must be capable to execute all the terms and conditions set forth in the Employee Handbook.
· Interacts in a tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with residents, families, visitors, and coworkers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective caring environment that ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each resident and center guest.
· Maintains a dependable attendance record; adheres to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
Essential Job Functions: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a Registered nurse or L.P.N. in the State of Florida
- Demonstrated ability and presentation experience in training of adults and group dynamics.
- Must have long-term care teaching experience and working knowledge of clinical nursing practices and the job functions of nursing home employees, preferred.
- Identifies staff development needs based on current regulatory expectations and standards of care.
- Assist in the development of programs and education based on participation in facility QAA/QAPI and Risk Management Committee. Coordinates implementation and oversight of a comprehensive Staff development program in coordination with HR and other supervisory nursing personnel.
- Works with the resident, family or RP, SS as well as members of the IDT to facilitate an understanding and application of discharge planning and advanced care planning as indicated.
- Treats residents, visitors and staff members in dignified manner with respect, kindness and understanding. Is a pleasant and professional at all time with all interactions
- Uses time productively coordinating with others to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Assists staff in employing methods to meet the resident’s individualized needs and participates in education and training to include person centered care. Involves staff in knowing the care plan and promotes consistency in care assignments. May assist with QA/QI audits to verify that staff is employing a working knowledge of the individual resident care plan.
· Assists as indicated with the provision of education related to direct care e.g. treatments, medications, participate in dining and hydration activities, IV management, Infection Control, and clinical support.
· Works with SS and Activities to address the psychosocial needs of residents; stays abreast of activity programming and integrates staff participation in activities of choice and preference.
· Participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in‑service classes to include Relias Learning, as well as “Instructor Lead training” that provide instructions on “how to do the job,”.
· Assists in the coordination of Skills Fairs, Train the Trainer Programs, and CEU Programs for the facilities based on feedback, analysis of data, and current or projected needs.
· Assists with the development and oversight of an effective on unit orientation program that orients the new employee to the facility, its protocols, and to his/her job position and duties. Oversees the educational planning, content, and training for the facility designated “Preceptors”
· Participates in leadership training that includes administrative and supervisory principles essential for Nurse Supervisors/Charge Nurses as designated.
· Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep staff abreast of changes in your profession, as well as to maintain your license on a current status.
· Assists the Infection Control Coordinator in the oversight of a Covid Mangement, TB management and facility Infection Control program. Participates in education, training, and competency observations. May participate in employee health as indicated.
· Assists in the provision of special facility programs and education that are aligned with facility goals such Point Click Care Key Performance Indicators, unplanned re hospitalizations and INTERACT, Quality Measures, Hand in Hand, Customer Satisfaction, Risk Management Requirements and risk related topics, and others as determined per the facility QAA/QAPI.
· Participates in job specific competencies for self and others; facilitates just in time training for employees on the unit. Ability to interface well with all departments within the Company and comply with established policies/procedures.
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and external contacts to the organization. Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Assists as indicated in scheduling and staff management, employee health and immunizations, and designated Facility PIP’s. Ability to meet designated deadlines is also a critical qualification.
Physical Job Requirements:
· Walking, reaching, bending, ability to distinguish smells, ability to read and write in English and ability to communicate with residents, personnel, vendors and support agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.