Children's Home of Jefferson County
The Children’s Home of Jefferson County is a long-established non-profit organization looking for candidates who are excited to work with our children, adults, and families and for our children, adults, and families. Our commitment to children includes providing new opportunities for their growth and success. We have come to help not only children, but also adults and families. Our services combine with strong community support networks helping our clients achieve goals and lead healthy and productive lives. Our Mission is Creating Opportunities To Enhance Lives One Relationship at a Time.
The Human Resources Specialist I works alongside the HR Director to complete all Human Resources related tasks and is knowledgeable and has experience in all HR functions. The HR Specialist I specializes in Human Resources Compliance, Employee Relations, Unemployment, Labor Law, Safety, Training/Development, Benefits & Salary Administration/Compensation, Time and Attendance. The HR Specialist I is a go to for employee relations issues, employee questions, and is a source of expertise on agency and labor policy. Specialist I provides the link between employer and employee. The HR Specialist supports the strategic plan of the agency, agency culture and mission, and the success of the HR department.
This is a fast paced environment with a growing agency that has longevity in the community and surrounding counties. The right individual for this position will have a strength based and solution focused approach with a growth mindset towards their career and professional development. If you are interested in working for an agency with a strong mission focus and a drive towards excellence, this could be your new home.
**Competitive compensation with a pay schedule for growth and excellent benefits and PTO.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, records, policy, and standardized reports.
- Assists with the development and dispersal of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Implements Human Resources programs by providing human resources services, including compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, safety and health, employee relations, culture and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions as requested.
- Maintains employee-related data bases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Serves as a point of contact in the HR Director’s absence.
- Completes Unemployment information requests for hearings and questioners.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Completes reports as requested by the HR Director.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Attend job fairs for the purpose of employee’s recruitment as requested.
- Compiles and maintains current and accurate data for all providers and employees.
- Works with the HR Assistant/HR Specialist II in ensuring that all new hires are on boarded according to agency standards and regulations.
- Demonstrates experience and knowledge in labor law and regulations to include federal and state leave and labor laws.
- Acts as a backup for Payroll processes in HR.
- Assist managers with employee corrective action processes.
- Acts as an agency trainer when requested.
- Works with the Training Department to track all required agency training’s and ensures compliance.
- Compliance and regulatory reporting as required for the agency.
- Assist with policy and procedure implementation, communication and compliance.
- Litigation control by ensuring proper electronic record keeping and HR actions.
- Communicate employee communications and assist with compliance.
- Assist with follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation to employees and Human Resources Director.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by reviewing existing and new legislation; assist with enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Primary contact for work related injury reporting.
- Maintains the ADP Time and Attendance/HRIS processing changes, updates, and troubleshooting issues.
- Represents the agency and their duties with a positive and strength based demeanor and approach.
- Other HR duties as assigned.
- Required to have a valid NYS driver’s license and ability to drive legally.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 4 to 5 years’ experience working within the Human Resources field. Master’s Degree can substitute years’ experience. SHRM certification is desired but not required. Experience with Benefits, Employee Relations, Unemployment, Labor Laws and State and Federal Regulations and Onboarding practices. Must possess excellent, written, oral, and presentation skills. Strong planning and organizational skills essential. Must have the ability to create momentum and foster organization change. Must possess tact and be able to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment. Must also possess working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EEO Employer. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 4 years (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.