City of Blue Ash
The City of Blue Ash Recreation Department is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor ready to build a clientele within our fitness facility and to teach group fitness classes. This position will be responsible for teaching group fitness classes while also building their own clientele as a personal trainer.
This is a Permanent Part-Time position. Salary: $13.97 per hour for group fitness classes and $30.00 per hour for personal training sessions. Must be able to work daytime hours.
This position will enjoy contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Café.
This posting will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Examples of Duties:
- Employee will assist supervisory and professional staff members with the day-to-day operations of the fitness center.
- Responsible for planning and teaching at least two fitness classes on a weekly basis
- Greets patrons in a professional manner and provide supervision and instruction during fitness classes.
- Will attend and assist in fitness events
- Will report all training statistics to manager on monthly basis
- Must possess CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Must possess a nationally recognized personal training certification.
- Positive customer service skills; frequently converses and interacts with patrons.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift heavy weights.
- Must be punctual and must be able to attend all in-service training.
- Must be able to work a varied shift that includes daytime hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Work environment is primarily indoors
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply:
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least an hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY. You may apply and view current openings by visiting our employment opportunities web page at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/blueash/default.cfm.
If you do not have access to a computer, there are computer stations available at most Public Libraries. The Blue Ash Branch Public Library of Cincinnati is located at 4911 Cooper Road, Blue Ash, Ohio 45242. Our on-line application system is provided by NeoGov.
If you have problems while applying online, please contact the Help Desk between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM Pacific Time Monday – Friday at 1-855-524-5627. You may also call the City of Blue Ash Human Resources Office at (513) 745-8642 for information.
NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED EVEN IF A RESUME HAS BEEN ATTACHED.
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.