City of New Brighton - Parks & Recreation
The Group Fitness Instructor Instructs quality group fitness classes, provides excellent customer service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness in accordance with NBCC policies and procedures.
- Lead quality group fitness classes, as directed by the Recreation Supervisor.
- Conduct energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
- Maintain working knowledge of fitness industry to provide effective information and training to members.
- Keep accurate class attendance records.
- Be able to respond and follow NBCC policies and procedures in emergency situations.
Qualifications – Required
- Certification in Health and Wellness programming and at least one year experience planning, and instructing group fitness or aquatic activities.
- Accredited National Certification: American Council on Exercise (ACE), ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), AFAA (Athletics and Fitness Association of America), NETA (National Exercise Trainers Association).
- Current CPR/AED & First Aid certification required within 60 days of hire.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Current SilverSneakers certification required to teach for all SilverSneakers classes.
- Specialty certifications (SilverSneakers, Yoga, Zumba) preferred but not required.
- Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness. Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs at a time.
- Apply Online @ https://www.newbrightonmn.gov/jobs/36/
- Application must be completed and submitted for review process **
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.72 – $38.31 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- ACE/NETA/AFAA/NASM Certification (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.