Clinica Sierra Vista
The HIT Support Specialist is responsible for efficient delivery of support services to CSV end users. This role is responsible for the support and training of EPIC Electronic Health Record (EHR). The Site Specialist will be a liaison between OCHIN/EPIC and it members, application expert, end-user training and support person, technical support for new functionality and delivery of new functionality to CSV staff. Performing studies of workflows for various jobs as applicable and make proper edits and modifications to the software as required based on clinical knowledge, expertise, policies and procedures, and agency compliance requirements engaging the organizations departments to identify training needs. The HIT Support Specialist will interactively work with other members in the IT department engaging in IT roles to help deliver efficient support services while taking direction from the Informatics and Applications Director. This interaction could also require helping with the preparation and completion of reporting requirements for all available programs, including UDS and OSHPD reporting. This position will also be included in the on-call rotation and help desk duties.
- Follow all established departmental policies, procedures, best practices, standards and methodologies.
- Working collaboratively with all users to ensure the smooth flow of operations at the health centers and fulfill the programs reporting requirements.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with end user community at all levels.
- Identify and understand training needs of all department supervisors and end users.
- Provide first level phone, email, remote, in-house and on-site computer systems support as applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and independently get tasks done and manage time and projects.
- Able to perform on short deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to travel to multiple site locations in of support users and systems.
- Ability to maintain business relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Test all new software builds as they are installed.
- Maintain knowledge of clinical terms, procedures, and treatment plans.
- Manage internal (CSV) tickets until issue is resolved and customer is satisfied, adequately document issues, including correctly updating status and prioritization of issues.
- Manage user accounts in various systems.
- Determines which clinical functions are suitable for computer application and continually monitors and evaluates opportunities for additional technological enhancements.
- Determines reporting needs of each department, creates reporting procedures & requirements, and coordinates reporting process to make sure follow-through is achieved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Adaptability: Adapts quickly to change and easily considers new approaches.
Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
Written Expression: The ability to express ideas and views clearly to others in writing.
Customer Service: Demonstrates a commitment to public service; serves and satisfies internal and external customers; holds one’s self accountable for quality outcomes.
Decisiveness: The ability to make active decisions or to commit oneself by speaking one’s mind and taking position.
- May be required to work overtime.
- May be required to work at satellite offices.
- May be required to drive personal vehicle.
- May be required to Saturdays on a rotating basis.
- Perform other tasks/duties as instructed/required.
- Participates in and supports team meetings, activities, and/or problem solving.
- HIPAA compliance responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information confidential.
- Medical Assistant with work related experience and/or a minimum of three years HIT (Health Information Technology) experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of medical processes and terminology.
- Skills to perform Train the Trainer with other CSV staff
- 2-year College degree in computer science or related work experience.
- Must demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve under pressure deadlines and resource constraints.
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and possess excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrate understating of adult learning principles and training methodologies.
- Full understanding of MS Office Suite, popular operating systems and corporate electronic systems.
- EPIC Certified desirable or obtain EPIC certification on the job
Reaching Overhead 5%
Repetitive Motion 15%
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.