Club 4 Fitness
Position Title: Personal Training
Reports to: VP PT & Fitness
Direct Reports: Yes (Fitness Managers)
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
PTO Eligible: Yes
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Payment Type: Salaried, Semi-monthly
Pay Grade: n/a
The Personal Training Sales Director is responsible for the development of sales programming for activities directly related to personal training and fitness separate from membership sales. The role will be pivotal in driving revenues in support of organizational growth and expansion of Personal Training and fitness opportunities in individual Clubs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required.
- Develop sales and private training metrics with Managing Partner and VP PT and Fitness
- Ensure sales execution in terms of private training, classes, small group training and supplement
- revenue by working with Fitness Managers and Assistant Fitness Managers to provide accountability to
key metrics and financial results.
- Standardize sales process and ensure it is aligned with marketing messages and company core values.
- Standardize training and develop structure for incoming team members and continued training for
- current team members
- Work with Fitness Managers on training, leadership, onboarding and expectations.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Operations team on their role of delivering the proper guest experience
to enhance desire by members to engage in additional PT/Fitness services
- Standardize sales and implementation plans for Fitness Managers to increase sales across the Fitness arena at all Club facilities
- Track program and classes providing recommendations for ongoing improvement, compensation,
- pricing and promotions
- Provide direct leadership (at the direction of the VP) in teaching Fitness Managers and PTs selling strategy for small group, private lessons and 1 on 1 sessions.
- Organize and promote Club4Fitness in house events, challenges, tournaments and membership appreciation events
- Provide regular reporting to Club4Fitness Leadership team, including executive team and business associates, as requested by the Managing Partner regarding sales targets, forecasts, and trending
- Track and review sales metrics through reporting and calls
- Lead weekly accountability calls with Fitness leaders and evaluate reporting and score cards to
- communicate goals and expectations to the field and leadership
- Other duties as assigned by VP PT & Fitness and/or Managing Partner
The Personal Training Sales Director will report directly to the VP PT & Fitness and will maintain management oversight and ownership of all PT sales activities/initiatives in designated C4F facilities nationwide (up to 30), while acting as resource to executives, in partnership with operations senior leadership, as well as corporate leaders and business office personnel.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of Club4Fitness philosophies as well as sales programming and leadership in within the fitness industry
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with members and vendors and build an assertive sales team
- Both detail and results-oriented with high degree of professionalism and organizational skills
- Proficiency in developing sales programming as well as in capturing required metrics in order to report regularly to Club4Fitness executive leadership and financial representatives
- Strong communication, problem-solving, time management and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- In depth knowledge of Personal Training techniques from assessment to program design.
- Ability to train and educate appropriate Club4Fitness personnel on a variety of sales strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within teams
- Possess a working knowledge of all purchasing/sales web-based programming and fitness software utilized by C4F as it relates to sales of services to members
- Must be computer proficient and well versed in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong track record of successfully executing on directives and meeting key strategic initiatives as designed and/or approved by VP PT & Fitness as well as Managing Partner
- Background in fitness industry sales and operations & minimum of 1 year professional experience as a personal trainer
- Domestic travel up to 75% to all Club locations, trainings, events, club openings and meetings – Position includes weekends as needed and normal working hours are 9-7 Mon-Thurs, Fri 9-5
- Present or acquire ACE, ACSM or NASM certification within 6 months of accepting the position
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Four-year degree in Business Administration, Sports or Fitness Leadership, or related field
- 10+ years related personal training and/or group fitness/exercise sales experience is required
Reasonable accommodations may be possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Mental Demands: Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under pressure
- Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Work with frequent interruptions; climbing, stretching, frequent light lifting of books, boxes; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds; frequent use of computer and repetitive hand motions
- Regulated air temperature and humidity in gym facilities and office environment, however, temperatures and humidity may be elevated while group and personal exercise activities are being performed
- Regular standing, walking, crouching, kneeling, stretching, lifting, and other physical activity are required while performing the duties of the role
- Sitting, close reading, and typing are required while performing the duties of the role
- Noise level is generally low but may be louder and more intense in gym facilities
- Travel will be required as described above
- Hours are generally traditional business hours but may, at times, extend to long or late hours to accommodate the different time zones of club facilities as well as to address projects and other matters involving social media.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.