Community Medical Centers, Inc.
*****PLEASE APPLY AT OUR WEBSITE:
The LVN Nursing Care Coordinator (NCC) is responsible for providing skilled nursing care to CMC patients by practicing within and to the top of their scope of practice in collaboration with and under the direction of MDs, PAs, NPs and RNs. LVN’s report indirectly to the RN NCC under direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). The NCC communicates with Clinic Managers for needs relating to adequate facilities, tools and other support systems to allow the NCC to provide excellent care to all patients.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of California
- Proficient with Microsoft Office computer applications
- Proficient using an Electronic Health Records system/s
- Next Gen EHR experience is preferred
- Ability to travel between sites as needed
- Valid California Driver’s License, proof of auto insurance, and personal transportation
- Preference for individuals with the ability to communicate in Spanish and English; written and verbal
- Experience in an ambulatory care nursing desired
- Current certification in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Community Medical Centers
- Implements standardized nursing procedures for nurse-delivered care
- Cares for all patients in collaboration with the healthcare team by utilizing skills of motivational interviewing to assist patients in setting self-management goals
- Communicates clearly and effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice, appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling with every interaction.
- Committees and task forces
- Outreach activities
- Nursing and staff meetings
- Training and continuing education activities
- Performs general duties that contribute to the efficient work flow and safety at the clinic
- Provides emergency care as needed
- Oversight of medication administration and storage/handling processes at the assigned site
- Delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed staff according to their scope of practice
- Assesses skill competency of medical assistants in collaboration with the Back Office Trainer
- Provides feedback to Center Manager and/or CNO for employee performance evaluations and corrective actions when needed
- Assists other clinicians as needed
- Complies with and supports patient safety, infection control, quality assurance, mandated reporting, consent and confidentiality policies and procedures
- May provide supervision to unlicensed staff in the absence of other supervisors and managers
- Performs skilled nursing care and provides patient education within scope of practice as established by the California LVN Board and CMC policies
- Proactively assumes responsibility of continuous improvement activities and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated.
- Performs other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work in a Care Team environment that is flexible, innovative and focuses on results
- Act professionally while representing CMC at both internal and external events
- Identify and promote best practices in patient care while abiding by organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer and document patient care
- Handle multiple priorities in the performance of nursing duties and react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to listen skillfully and display a willingness and ability to acknowledge the needs, expectations and values of others through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service that is reflective of a culture that values trust and respect
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- LVN (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.