Community Medical Centers, Inc.
The RN is responsible for providing skilled nursing care to CMC patients by practicing within and to the top of their scope of practice in collaboration with and under the direction of MDs, PAs, and NPs. RN’s may exercise independent decision making and they report directly to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). The RN communicates with Center Managers for needs relating to adequate facilities, tools and other support systems to allow the RN to provide excellent care coordination to all patients.
· Licensed in the State of California as a Registered Nurse
· IV certification preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Office computer applications
· Proficient using an Electronic Health Records system/s
· Next Gen EHR experience is preferred
· Ability to travel between sites as needed
· Valid California Driver’s License, proof of auto insurance, and personal transportation
· Preference for individuals with the ability to communicate in Spanish and English; writte and verbal
· Experience in an ambulatory care nursing
· Current certification in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation
· Developing and implementing standardized nursing procedures for independent nurse delivered care
· Chronic disease management in collaboration with the healthcare team by utilizing skills of motivational interviewing to assist patients in setting self-management goals
· Transitional Care Management for patients discharged from inpatient and emergency facilities.
· Committees and taskforces
· Outreach activities
· Nursing and staff meetings
· Training and continuing education activities
· Performs general duties that contribute to the efficient work flow and safety of the clinic setting that includes, but is not limited to:
· Conduct triage and respond to emergency care as needed
· Oversight of medication administration and storage/handling processes
· Delegates appropriate tasks to licensed and unlicensed staff according to their scope of practice
· Responsibility for assessing skill competency of Medical Assistants in collaboration with the Back Office Trainer
· Provides feedback to Center Manager and/or CNO for employee performance evaluations and corrective actions when needed
· Assists other clinicians as needed
· Complies with and supports patient safety, infection control, quality assurance, mandated reporting, consent and confidentiality policies and procedures
· May provide supervision to licensed and unlicensed staff in the absence of other supervisors and managers
· Performs skilled nursing care and provides patient education within scope of practice as established by the California Board of Registered Nursing and CMC policies
· Independently renders care to patients according to established standardized procedures and in collaboration with other clinicians
· Uses the Nursing Process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation in all activities.
· Proactively assumes responsibility of continuous improvement activities and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care
· Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care
· Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care
· Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
· Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care
· Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions
· Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence
· Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
· Skill in handling data entry meticulously
· Ability to maintain quality control standards
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
· Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in the performance of nursing
- Ability to work in a Care Team environment
- Act professionally while representing CMC
- Identify and promote best practices in patient care
- Communicate skillfully and maintain a warm and friendly demeanor
- Handle multiple priorities in the performance of nursing duties
- Be flexible, innovative and focus on results
- Ability to listen skillfully and display a willingness and ability to acknowledge the needs, expectations and values of others through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice, appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling with every interaction
- Ability to provide excellent customer service that is reflective of a culture that values trust and respect
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37.00 – $44.00 per hour
- registered nurse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.