Comprehensive Advanced Life Support Program (CALS)
Position Overview and Responsibilities
If you have Emergency Nurse experience and love education, we are looking for an Education Manager. In this role, you will lead our education program to provide emergency medicine life support education for rural and resource limited hospitals and communities. You will be involved with eLearning, practical hands on simulation/scenario based learning, and focused team development to efficiently handle emergencies. We are based in Minnesota with continued growth with our national and affiliate programs in several states and international countries. This position requires creativity, understanding of rural health complexity, a bit of travel, and down-to-earth highest professional standards. This is a great leadership opportunity for someone comfortable working independently as well as with the team and looking for expanded role while using clinical expertise.
Day-to-day course operations and course development
· Ensures evidence-based curriculum
· Leads national and Global CALS programs including curriculum and elearning as well as hands on course simulation/scenario based learning
· Process improvement initiatives to provide course excellence and learning
· Enhances instructor skills and oversees new instructor development
· Manages the eLearning and hands on course curriculum
· Manage the course team members in collaboration with the leadership team
· Oversees development and maintains relationships with CALS teaching sites
· Supports research and grant management
· In collaboration with the Executive Director; hire, conduct employee appraisals, develop and implement performance improvement plans for instructors, coordinators and technicians.
· Supervise CME activities
· Monitors expenses and revenues associated with educational budget
· Oversees equipment purchasing, sourcing and testing
· Networks and participates (as able) with affiliated national and state organizations (i.e., ENA, AAFP, ACEP, STAC)
· Engages CALS audience on social media feeds
· Develops content materials to promote and grow CALS
Financial management (in cooperation with Executive Director and Accountant)
- Bachelor degree in Nursing with current license as RN. Other clinical licensure will be considered.
- Understanding or experience with Rural Health issues
- 3-5 years clinical experience in a critical care setting
- Experience as an educator/trainer for health professionals including curriculum development
- Technical writing experience including student and/or instructor manuals
- Ability to direct, delegate, coach and support remote staff
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, (or similar programs). Ability and comfort to learn new software and learning systems.
- Masters degree in nursing, education or related field
- Education/experience in training advanced medical staff
- Program evaluation/quality improvement experience in a healthcare setting
- Current or former CALS participant or instructor
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with development of online education
- Current driver’s license and may require use of personal vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work some weekends and occasional overnight travel including national and international travel
About the CALS Program
The Comprehensive Advanced Life Support Program (CALS) is a 501c3 nonprofit program. CALS mission is to train rural medical providers in a team approach to anticipate, recognize, and treat life-threatening emergencies and to stabilize patients presenting with a wide range of undifferentiated emergency situations. CALS is especially designed to be beneficial to more isolated healthcare providers who may lack many forms of technical equipment and on-site specialist help. The CALS program differs from other advanced life support courses by covering the core concepts from all of the established advanced life support courses as well as topics not covered in most other training programs, such as advanced airway management and teamwork.
How to apply:
Please submit (via email)
-Cover letter (required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $74,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Monday to Friday
We modify our work to meet COVID-19 recommendations.
- Emergency Department/ICU/Critical Care: 4 years (Required)
- Education: 2 years (Preferred)
- 25% (Required)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.