Countryside YMCA l Lebanon
The Countryside YMCA is searching to hire a dynamic, experienced and committed Head Age Group Coach / Competitive Swimming for our nationally-recognized Torpedoes Swim Team. www.cytorpedoes.com
The Countryside YMCA Torpedoes is a large (235 swimmers) age group swim program having generated numerous YMCA National Champions, Division I swimming athletes, USA Swimming Jr. and Sr. National Qualifiers as well as Ohio High School State Champions. The Torpedoes National Team consistently finishes in the top 5 at YMCA Short and Long Course Nationals. Countryside YMCA seeks an experienced assistant coach capable of continuing this tradition of swimming excellence.
- Hours and Days: This is a full-time hourly position with varied hours which may include evenings or weekends.
- Job Summary: This position is responsible for directing the Countryside YMCA Age Group Program within the guidelines established by the Director of Competitive Swimming. The primary objective of the Age Group Program is to prepare each athlete to meet his/her potential as athletes and to promote the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. Essential functions of this position require excellent communication skills, personal organization, extensive knowledge of stroke technique and the Torpedoes common language, knowledge of aerobic development, ability to set near- and long-term club goals, and self-image development.
- SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong working knowledge of Team Unify
- Working knowledge of Timing System Setup and Operation
- Knowledge and understanding of swimmer equipment (ie.stretch cordz, reaction system, underwater camera etc.)
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Five years working within a competitive swimming program to include managing and developing two (2) or more assistant coaches.
- Performance Achievement Criteria – Proven track record of two or more of the following: YMCA National qualifiers, Age Group National Top 20, Team Record Holders, USA Zone Qualifiers, USA Sectional or Higher Qualifiers.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and pass a background check pre-hire
- Within 30 days of start date must attend and complete Changing Lives – New YMCA Employee Orientation and 0nline training modules for Child Abuse Recognition and Prevention and Harassment at the Y
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications.
- YMCA Lifeguard certification; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood-borne Pathogens.
- YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving; YMCA Swim Coach Certification
- Minimum ASCA Level 3 Coach
- Ability to obtain a USA Swimming membership
- Position availability: August 2019
Benefits: You will be eligible for medical and dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability after 60 days of employment; PTO accrues starting after 90 days of employment. Full-time staff receives a free Family Membership to Countryside. Countryside will contribute 12% of the employee’s salary into the Y’s Retirement fund upon completion of 2 years of employment of 1,000 or more hours in each of those 2 years if you are 21 years of age or older.
The YMCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit social services organization dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Weekends required
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.