Requisition Number: 90346
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES – Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Davey Tree Expert Company – Residential Division – Santa Cruz, CA
Davey Tree is seeking a Climbing Arborist Trainee to join our Residential Tree Care team in the Santa Cruz, Soquel, CA area.
An ideal candidate will have any of the following:
- 1 year+ of climbing experience
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- CTSP Certification (Certified Treecare Safety Professional)
- ISA Certified Arborist (International Society of Arboriculture)
Trainees will work directly with the territory’s trainer and crew leaders to learn all aspects of Arboricultural operations. After familiarization with ground duties such as job-site setup, chipping, and chainsaw operation, Trainees will learn skills necessary for pruning trees to ANSI A300 guidelines and will progress through Davey’s Career Development Program. Trainees will cross train on Plant Health Care maintence and learn to utilize ropes for ascending and working in trees.
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Potential for overtime
- Performance incentive plan
Paid time off and paid holidays
Opportunities for advancement
All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
Group Health Plan
Employee referral bonus program
Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
Employee Scholarship for AS degree in Environmental Management
Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
Charitable matching gift program
Company paid professional certifications and continuing education
- for qualified employees
- Function as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Make satisfactory progress in Davey’s Career Development Program
- Operate chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, and other equipment as needed on job-sites
- Utilize ropes for work positioning at heights up to 60 feet, while pruning or removing trees
- Maintain issued personal gear, crew gear, and equipment
- Learn tree Identification and ANSI A300 Pruning guidelines
- Prior experience in residential tree care, specifically, climbing is preferred
- Passion for hard work and working outdoors; desire and willingness to learn about the tree care industry; have a positive attitude and be a team player
- 21 years of age or older (in order to drive company vehichles)
- Valid Driver’s License (Commercial Driver’s License highly valuable)
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Willingness to work outdoors during a variety of weather conditions
Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify/Social Security Number Verification and Criminal Background Checks are required.
The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.