Edmonds Community College
EDUCATION COACH – HEAD START & ECEAP
**This is a cyclic position scheduled to work 10 months each year (mid-August through mid-June)**
: 60% Coaching and Mentoring of Education Staff
- Provide coaching, mentoring and professional development for early learning teachers to enhance and enrich teachers’ skills
- Visit classrooms, observes teachers, and provides feedback to improve and enhance instruction and student learning
- Assist teachers in setting goals that support improved instruction
- Model best practices in instruction to build teachers instructional skills
- Support teachers in the use of data to guide instruction and improve learning for each student
- Implement instructional and assessment strategies that honor gender, language, culture, ethnicity, special needs and diverse learning abilities
- Respond to program and or teacher/student related inquiries to resolve issues, provide information, and improve student learning
- Plan, develop, and present professional development classes and workshops for teachers, community early-learning providers and support staff using a professional learning community model
20% Learning and collaboration
- Attend meetings and professional development classes to stay current with early learning trends, practices, and research
- Participate in a variety of meetings and workshops
- Convey and or gather information required to perform functions and to remain knowledgeable of trends and best practices
- Assist in the identification and development of community resources and partnerships to support alignment of early learning programs, including collaboration with community early learning providers and district staff
20% Monitoring and compliance
- Monitor implementation of early learning instructional practices and strategies
- Gather, compile, analyze and report findings to assess quality improvements
- Prepare written materials (e.g., reports, instructions, guidelines, etc.) to communicate program information, provide written support, document progress, develop recommendations, and evaluate the program
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with a field of study in early childhood education, early childhood and family studies, human development with a specialization in ECE, or children’s studies/childhood education
- Minimum of three years’ work experience as a lead teacher in a preschool classroom
- Minimum one year work experience as an early learning coach, consultant, mentor, or trainer
- Advanced degree in Early Childhood Education
- Experience working in a Head Start and/or ECEAP program as an Education Coordinator, Manager or Center Director
- Knowledge of CLASS, Early Achievers, and Teaching Strategies Gold
- Experience teaching in a multi-lingual program where English is spoken by the minority of children and parents
Additional Information: PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to report to work at scheduled times; position may require some evening scheduling. Work is performed in an office or classroom setting. The ability to sit at a desk/computer station and perform detailed tasks involving repetitive arm and hand movements, such as data entry, is essential. Operation of standard office equipment such as a PC/terminal, electronic calculator, copy machine, and multi-line phone system is required. The ability to move quickly from different positions and to be aware of one’s surroundings in a classroom environment is essential. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, with occasional evenings.
Salary is $4792.16 – $5288.85 per month for 10 months each year ($47,921.60 – $52,888.50 annually) and is based on the Edmonds CC administrative/exempt salary schedule, plus a full state benefits package, which includes tuition waivers for college classes, medical, dental, retirement options and more. Vacation and leave package includes 12 sick days per year, 10 scheduled holidays, 1 personal holiday, and 24 vacation leave days per year.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted. Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete:
- Responses to supplemental questions (part of the online application). (These questions reflect the required and desired qualifications and are used in the screening process. Please provide thorough responses.)
- Current resume.
- Names and contact information for three references.
- For veterans’ preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 Form.
- Complete, sign, and submit Declaration Regarding Sexual Misconduct (Download PDF reader)
To apply, go to www.edcc.edu/hr and click on Job Opportunities.
Complete, sign, and submit Declaration Regarding Sexual Misconduct (Download PDF reader)
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Edmonds Community College is an equal opportunity employer and assures equality of treatment in educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may call 425-640-1470 and accommodations will be made to the extent reasonably possible. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.