F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Electrical Inc.
We are looking to take the next step in the development of our Call Center at F.H. Furr. For us, this means bringing in a talented individual to head up our Call Center Training Program. The Call Center Trainer/Coach will be responsible for designing and implementing learning programs, materials, and delivery mechanisms and teaching new hires along with continued development and performance improvement of existing Call Center representatives. Are you someone that likes a challenge and will take personal pride in putting your stamp on an organization and its future?
Who Are We?
- F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, A/C, and Electrical Inc. – “Absolutely the Best”
- 2nd generation, 37-year old family-owned business with over 325 employees
- Cover Northern Virginia, Southern Maryland, and DC
- Create SOPs to help employees carry out routine operations for efficiency, quality output and uniformity of performance, while reducing miscommunication and failure to comply with company standards
- Design, develop, and administer learning programs for employees, help individuals and groups develop skill and knowledge, create learning manuals, and present in-person, eLearning, and other learning experiences
- Prepare new and existing employees for success by serving as the team coach. This includes conducting orientation to company processes and procedures, developing individual coaching plans, evaluating performance & improvement, providing resources and assistance, and scheduling learning sessions with senior representatives
- Determine training needs by observing inter-departmental and customer interactions, studying results reports, and working closely with leadership in and outside of the call center.
- Develop and implement testing and assessment procedures to evaluate training program effectiveness
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques, making support readily available and integrating support into routine job functions
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Independently analyze data and call center metrics to determine areas of deficiency and develop programs and strategies for improvement. This includes independent observation, call audits, and other means of data collection
- BA/BS in Education, Organizational Development, Instructional Design or related field with a minimum of five to seven years of training experience in a mid-sized organization and a minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience required. A combination of education and equivalent experience may be considered
- Industry knowledge (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical) is not necessary but is a plus
- Content development and instructional design experience coupled with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team or individually to complete complex tasks
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must have advanced knowledge of general office procedures and demonstrate excellent organizational and computer skills specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail
- Motivated by a fast-paced, high-performance environment. Prior experience in a fast-paced call center setting is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrate ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers & supervisors; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues & maintain a positive work ethic; complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments
- Display the ability to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently; plan for additional resources; set goals and objectives; develop realistic action plans
- Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) with a generous company match
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance policy
- Additional supplementary insurance options
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, and Sick days
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.