A Personal Trainer (PT) educates and coaches club members regarding exercise and equipment use. A PT will do this during paid 25 minute or 50 minute purchased personal training sessions, during complimentary 25 or 50 minute orientation or assessment sessions, and as a general service to members while not providing one on one instruction. The PT will provide individualized instruction appropriate for each client’s ability and health and fitness goals. The PT will provide all clients and members with professional and respectful service. The PT will arrive for each shift on time and is responsible for managing the exercises performed and the duration of each session so that clients are not kept waiting and rest periods are available to the PT. The PT is primarily responsible for revenue generation and maintaining a busy client list. A PT will be asked to periodically assist in other club duties such as calling members, staffing the front desk, racking weights, cleaning the club, attending meetings, etc.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design exercise programs for a large variety of members and clients;
- Train and coach members and clients through exercise programs that are unique, challenging, and safe;
- Conduct orientation or assessment session designed to acquaint a new member or potential client with the personal training program. Makes sales presentations to these new members or potential clients;
- Diligently work with the Fitness Director (FD) to maintain a busy training schedule. Bookings schedule should be complete two weeks in advance. This might include making sales presentations to existing clients, assisting in collections of delinquent payments, and managing member or client account payments;
- Provide certain reports and sales plans called success sheets to the FD on a monthly basis;
- When the PT is scheduled and does not have a one-on-one appointment with a member or client the PT will be expected to contribute to general club objectives. This could mean cleaning the club, racking weights, staffing the front desk, answering phones, selling personal training or membership plans, assisting the FD with various other tasks;
- Maintain up-to-date client information such as workout logs, food logs, and body composition analysis:
- Participate in club promotions;
- Assist in the achievement of club goals.
The PT reports directly to the Fitness Director.
The PT should have the following qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in health and wellness preferred.
- Experience with customer management software. Compete by Jonas Fitness preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to motivate members and provide members with fitness instruction and information.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification recommended.
- Certification from nationally recognized personal training organization.
- Bachelor Degree or higher preferred.
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members and the public.
- Travel: must be able to travel by car and possibly airplane.
- Ability to access and operate club computer systems including prepare documents, enter data into computer system, read reports from a computer data base or email system.
- Ability to help clients on and off of equipment and the ground. Ability to lift heavy weights to assist members with the prescribed exercise program.
- Must be able to engage in extended periods of sitting, standing, squatting, lifting, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to support the needs of the club, including occasional extended workdays, and weekends and holidays may be required.
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer (Preferred)
- Certified Personal Trainer (Required)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (Preferred)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.