- Hit all Member Service and sales goals.
- Manage the club’s revenue and expense goals.
- Maintain our brand’s high level of customer service.
- Responsible timely resolutions of all escalated issues.
- Oversee all program revenue goals and implement and support company programs and promotions to help generate new sales leads for optimum new membership growth.
- Assist GM with Hire, train, motivate, direct, coach and evaluate all club employees.
- Maximize member retention by ensuring high levels of customer service, cleanliness, and a variety of innovative and educational programs, continual upgrades and responsiveness to member feedback.
- Ensure that the club meets all Brand standards for cleanliness, maintenance, safety & security.
- Maintain current knowledge of key competitors.
- Ensure club participation in local community events by assisting GM
- Schedules Trainer Availability
- Ensures that all staff are wearing proper attire.
- Manages gym “Tours” with potential members.
- Monitor the Club prospect system online for potential members training clients
- Set daily goals for all profit centers, by shift and participate in obtaining the daily goals.
The Assistant Fitness Director (AFD) ensures the club facility and all club team members are equipped to provide the best possible member and team member experience that ultimately contributes to the club’s financial success. The AM recruits, hires, trains and develops a diverse, high-performing team and provides leadership, direction and accountability. This position is responsible for communicating and upholding all company initiatives and policies and will lead by example to deliver on the brand Mission, Vision and Values, enabling a best-in-class member-centric environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ESTIMATED % TIME SPENT
- 1. Leadership Excellence
- Maintain a committed and high performing team that aligns with company values and goals.
- Recruit, interview & hire passionate team members & department managers, and ensure proper levels of staffing across all departments.
- Train, coach, and conduct planning sessions and performance reviews, recognizing strong performance and providing corrective action where appropriate.
- Conduct sufficient club meetings to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals.
- Implement, supervise and direct regular training to ensure all team members adhere to company standards and provide exceptional service in a member-centric environment.
- Provide development and recognition for all team members, identifying future leaders for all levels.
- Engage in company initiatives to further develop core leadership competencies and communication skills.
- Establish a fun, safe, healthy, and member-centric club culture that delivers high member satisfaction and achieves maximum profitability.
- 2. Member Engagement
- Lead by example to provide a clean, friendly, well-maintained club to members and guests.
- Engage members with various fitness offerings including personal training & group fitness
- Support both unique and recurring company fitness initiatives designed to improve the overall member experience and meet club financial targets.
- Resolve member concerns and complaints in a professional manner.
- Schedule Fitness evaluations with personal trainers to ensure growth of PT department.
- 3. Guest Experience & New Member Onboarding
- Support guests as needed and answer inquiries regarding membership options and club amenities to assist with the decision to join.
- Conduct lead management activities including phone calls, emails and other forms of outreach to encourage prospective members to visit the club.
- Ensure new members are properly onboarded with a plan to help achieve their intended health and wellness goals by scheduling with trainers.
- Collaborate with owners & regional management to increase club membership count through outside lead generation and onsite events.
This position reports to the General Manager (GM). In addition, this position will support the guidance and development of all team members in the club, many of whom will report to one of the GM’s direct reports.
- Depending on the revenue category of the club, some of these positions may be consolidated, and / or these positions may be Assistant Managers, all of which would still report to the GM.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in customer-facing position with demonstrated customer-service skills
- Experience managing Profit & Loss statements and trend reports, or demonstrated math analytical / ratio skills
- Leadership skills and experience supervising, directing and coaching teams
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of progressive management experience supervising 5-20 employees
- 3-5 years of broad retail/hospitality/operations industry experience
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
- Ability to move about the club floor and work front desk. review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public
- Occasionally required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness activities, techniques and procedures
- Ability to communicate telephonically with members
- Must be available to upper management
- Ability to access and operate Company computer systems including preparing documents, entering data into computer systems, reading reports from a computer database or email system
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
- Ability to work a varied schedule to support the needs of the business, including frequent extended workdays, and weekends and holidays may be required
- Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 10% of the time
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of fitness industry
Work Experience and Qualification
- Experience and familiarity with managing to a Profit & Loss statement preferred
- Operations management experience preferred
- Consultative sales experience preferred
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job may be reviewed as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.