Fortis Solutions Group
Fortis Solutions Group is hiring NOW for a Shipping/Warehouse Supervisor in our Ellington, CT facility!
This position has been newly added to help support our growing plant! The Warehouse Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the warehouse and its associated Inventory. They are responsible for ensuring that all goods are physically moved into and out of, and virtually scanned into and out of, their appropriate rack location on a daily basis. The Warehouse Supervisor will have regular interaction with Production Management, Scheduling, and the CRS Lead in order to maintain a seamless workflow and provide finished product to the customer on time. Prior supervisory experience in a shipping/warehouse position within a manufacturing environment is required.
This position will work Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional off-shifts or weekends may be required. Fortis Solutions Group provides full benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k with match, quarterly profit sharing bonus, tuition reimbursement and paid time off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit and oversee direct reports to ensure that required tasks are completed daily, to include:
- Shipping product in a timely, accurate, and efficient way to our customers.
- FIFO – Create and maintain a proper stock rotation in which the “oldest” goods are pulled first.
- Shipping & Receiving accuracy – RS and FG correctly delivered and received.
- Insuring the Material Handler is always keeping the presses stocked.
- Manage the completion of skills assessments for employees to qualify and train them to perform their required duties. Monitor the performance of employees by having coaching and performance conversations on a regular basis.
- Pull and validate the daily ship request list. Proactively communicate with co-workers and bring the ship request information to the daily production meetings. Provide regular updates to relevant co-workers regarding the status of jobs as necessary.
- Manage inventory and the inventory count process by scheduling the necessary staff to complete counts monthly and/or quarterly and performing all inventory functions. Correct inventory discrepancies, both physically and virtually (in the ERP system). Maintain complete, accurate inventory in the system through periodic auditing and completion of cycle counts.
- Manage employee time approvals in the payroll system to include time worked and paid time off requests as well as tracking absences and tardies.
- Manage the overall maintenance of our internal forklift fleet. Certify new employees and audit employee compliance to company policy and best practices on forklift operations.
- Support plant safety initiatives and lead employees to complete all tasks in a safe manner (ie. wearing harnesses and other PPE as required).
- Freight Carrier Relationships: Decide what companies we use at each site for small parcel and LTL freight.
- Freight Claims, properly filing all claims.
- Additional duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum requirement of high school graduation or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of similar work experience in warehouse, inventory, or supply chain, with lead or supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience utilizing hand-held scan guns.
- Experience managing incoming and outgoing raw materials as well as advance stock notices.
- Experience in flexographic printing is a plus.
- Forklift experiences a plus. Ability to obtain forklift certification and be a forklift trainer is required.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, be proactive, and solve problems
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related computer applications including shipper/courier portals (UPS, Fedex, etc).
- Comfortable learning and navigating a virtual inventory system.
- Prior experience with manufacturing ERP systems.
- Oversight of three warehouse and shipping employees.
- Required to pass forklift operator training.
- Required to complete a Train the trainer, forklift certifier course.
- Willing to attend required training courses or sessions related to the job as assigned.
- Daily sitting, standing, crouching, and lifting up to 50 lbs of material.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Regular exposure to dust and noise in the production and warehouse environment.
- Warehouse environment temperatures may be influenced by outside temperatures.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses and safety shoes are highly recommended in the production area.
- Safety harness required for above ground level work.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.