Job Duties & Responsibilities
What sets GEICO apart from our competition? One key factor is our ability to provide outstanding customer service during the insurance claims process. As a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Claims Examiner, you deliver on GEICO’s promise to be there and assist our customers throughout the often complicated medical aspects of auto insurance claims.
As a PIP claims insurance examiner, you will investigate medical necessity and determine casualty. You will review insurance contracts, consult with involved parties, secure medical information, and review associated reports and billing documentation. We will rely on you to evaluate the validity of personal injury insurance claims and monitor case files over the course of treatment.
At GEICO, the opportunity for career advancement is outstanding. In fact, our associates average two promotions within the first three years! In exchange for your hard work, we offer:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior insurance claims experience
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Personal injury, bodily injury or workers’ comp experience, preferred
- Demonstrated job stability
At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average two promotions within the first three years. At GEICO,
- We provide on-going training to help you learn your job
- We encourage professional development through GEICO University, our companywide training and development program
- We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop your skill
- We offer opportunities to advance your career and become a lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding work environment, GEICO has the career path for you.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.