Generation USA Roles
Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers.
Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 12 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Pakistan, Singapore, Brazil and the UK – and is actively launching additional sites. Generation USA is currently live in 13 cities, and is scaling rapidly to support learners across the country.
We are seeking a talented Teaching Assistant to assist teaching the curriculum designed by the Generation team while also supporting participants throughout the length of the program. The TA will work daily with the Generation Master Instructor – Jr. Cloud Practitioner. They will report to the Lead Instructional Coach assigned to their content area.
This is a fully remote temporary (3-4 months) part-time position working no more than 29 hours per week.
- Deliver online small group sessions to a diverse group of learners and guiding them in their learning under the supervision of the lead instructor.
- Adapt your communication style to reﬂect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in Salesforce/ Canvas) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Ensure you are bringing the learning experience to life, building community and enhancing relevance through drawing on your own industry experience.
- Provide relevant and timely feedback to students on formative and summative assessment and on client projects.
- Increase participant engagement using diﬀerent facilitation tactics.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Coach and guide students to be as employable as possible and support them to develop industry standard portfolios.
- Commit to and empathise with young/mid-career people and disconnected populations.
- Provide diﬀerentiated and one-on-one support to motivate and support participants to persevere through challenges.
- Be available to co-lead class, host office hours, provide individualized student support, and complete data entry from 9a -5p, Monday-Friday.
- Engage in weekly professional development and training.
- Substitute for trainers in case of absence/attrition.
- Act professionally at all times, meeting Generation and PDP expectations and policies.
You are knowledgeable about industry trends in cloud technology and able to share your own personal insight with students You love to inspire diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help groups of learners acquire technical skills, behavioral skills, mindsets and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- At least 2 years industry experience in DevOps role and/or graduate-level education in Computer Science.
- Prior experience as a trainer not required but must be dedicated to developing skills for excellence in instruction and motivated to support learners
- Comfortable with communicating to large and small groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner.
- Prepared to share personal insight in the industry and profession with students
- Passion for inspiring diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help your group of learners acquire technical skills, behavioral skills, mindsets and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.