GHA Autism Supports
GHA Autism Supports is seeking qualified Direct Support Trainers to join our team. These positions are full-time 3rd shift positions. 3rd shift must be available to work overnight, including every other weekend. The right candidates for these positions will be flexible, creative, motivated and self-directed in providing one-on-one support to individuals with autism. Hours for the position may vary from those stated, and may require morning, holiday, and/or weekend availability.
BASIC FUNCTION: To integrate GHA’s mission, vision and values by providing professional, person-centered guidance and support to individuals who have autism. This position provides personal or medical care as needed, teaches appropriate behaviors and provides behavior management assistance. The Direct Support Trainer assists people with autism in developing daily living skills, reaching personal goals, and becoming more integrated into their community.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver’s license required. Dependability and reliability required. Essential functions of the position include English language proficiency in both written and spoken English. Applicants must exhibit good communication skills and the ability to verbally express thoughts clearly. Applicant must accurately complete written documentation in a timely manner. Must have the ability to operate and navigate a personal computer. Must have the ability to work well with others, show a positive attitude, and maintain confidentiality. Driving record must meet our insurability standards. Must pass a comprehensive criminal background check and be at least 18 years of age.
- Follow, implement, and provide feedback with person-centered and behavioral outcomes.
- Plan, perform, or assist with care or activities with individuals according to their preference or needs, to include, but not limited to, household chores (cooking, cleaning, personal hygiene, laundry, dishes, vacuuming, fixing bed, household maintenance, etc.), community involvement, social, recreation and leisure skills, communication skills, personal safety skills, appropriate behavior.
- Provide opportunities for new experiences in the community or home.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the individual(s) served at all times.
- Assist individual(s) served by GHA with self-advocacy skills and promote independence.
- Transport individuals (adhering to all safety policies and laws) as needed to meet program objectives and individual needs.
- Exhibit flexibility to changing situations and be able to adapt as necessary.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Take direction and initiate actions that will allow for cross-training at multiple sites if required.
- If applicable to the person, apply therapeutic intervention techniques as needed to individuals with verbal or physical aggression.
- If applicable to the person, assist with or perform personal care—bathing, bowel and bladder care, showering, exercising, feeding, hair care (brushing, washing, styling, shaving), dental care (brushing, flossing, dentures), nail clipping, etc.
- Medication management, if applicable to the individual. Ensure proper medication administration.
- Maintain accurate financial management and documentation of client funds.
- Ability to effectively manage and redirect behaviors, both physical and verbal.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Starting pay range for this position is $9-$15 per hour, depending on education level and relevant experience. Benefits include health and life insurance, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, dental insurance, and paid vacation, holiday and sick leave.
GHA Autism Supports provides quality, community services to meet the unique needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Learn more at www.ghaautismsupports.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
To keep our staff and the individuals we serve as safe as possible, symptom screenings/temperature checks are required before entering a work site, and face masks/coverings are mandatory for staff while on duty.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Reading, writing, and carrying out directions
- Charting or taking notes for others to review
- Providing companionship and supportive listening
- Reporting changes in the health or status of the client
- Administering medication
- Transporting client to appointments
- Facilitating community and recreational outings, including transport
- Providing support with hobbies, studies, and social activities
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.