Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
Girl Scouting builds girls with courage, confidence and character, but sometimes it takes a recruiter to get information to families, girls informed, volunteers identified and trained, and potentially begin troops. We need your help making Girl Scouts visible and easy to access. Your work will include…
- Attending Open Houses
- Talking to groups of girls at school or in other places in your community
- Meeting with parents letting them know how they can support their girls’ journey
- Participate in community events raising visibility of Girl Scouts
- Helping volunteers get their troops up and running, acting as a trainer and leader
- Connect with organizations that may support Girl Scouts
- You might even take kids to camp!
As a Girl Scout recruiter you’ll be the spark that sets the community on fire. You’ll be working independently but alongside a committed team of membership professionals who are vested in your success.
Actively works to develop and increase girl and adult membership, promote the image of Girl Scouting in the community, increase visibility of Girl Scouting and broaden the base for community support. This individual will use their expertise of the assigned geographic territory to strategically identify prospects, make effective presentations and grow our membership and base of support.
- Office will be located in the Kalamazoo Regional Center.
- Assist with development and implementation of recruitment, retention, and recognition strategies for girls and adult members in all segments of the population based on research and analysis of community demographics and needs.
- Interpret and promote Girl Scouting in the community in order to enhance the role and image of Girl Scouting, increase visibility, and attract new girl and adult members.
- Function as a positive and cooperative member of the Membership Team and Heart of Michigan.
- Work with Membership Team Leader to partner with school administration, teachers, and community partners to increase girl participation within Girl Scouts.
- Work at school and community open houses to recruit girls and volunteers.
- Depending upon community needs, may provide the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to girls through a starter troop. Follow policies and procedures, program plans and curriculum.
- Support and promote girl/troop participation in the annual product program as well as attendance at overnight and day camps.
- Flexible schedule, including working many evening hours and weekends.
- Public speaking at meetings with community organizations and volunteers.
- Participate in activities within the community to further the understanding and advancement of Girl Scouting.
- Strong human relations, problem solving, and conflict management skills required both in person and on the telephone when speaking with volunteers, staff, and organizations throughout the community served.
- Create and maintain a positive environment that fosters respectful, meaningful and effective interaction among all people, regardless of gender, race, culture, language, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background.
- Willing to become a member of Girl Scouts of USA.
- Able to lift and/or manipulate up to 25 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service Focused
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
Education and Experience
- Minimum of one years’ experience with non-profits and/or youth service organization preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Experience with volunteer organizations with a knowledge of Girl Scouting preferred
- Position will work up to 20 hours per week
- Position requires candidates to work many evenings and weekends
Must have own transportation and the ability to travel within the jurisdiction. Frequent travel within the council to various meeting locations with staff and volunteers. Travel is primarily during the business day and evening hours.
Operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and a point of sale system. Frequent travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position is not benefits eligible.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please include a cover letter, resume, or employment application. Applications accepted by:
Subject Line: Community Organizer – Kalamazoo, MI
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
601 W Maple
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.