Goodwill Industries of Columbus
Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Represented by the acronym ICARE, these five values provide a framework for every action and decision our employees make.
Integrity, Caring, Accountability, Respect, Excellence
Plan, organize and deliver instructional programs in a blended (self-paced online and in a classroom) environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their potential
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver instruction in specific content areas (Discovery, Person Centered Planning, community integration)
- Support students in a variety of in person and online self-paced courses () at varying levels of complexity.
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Expand training offerings to match DD industry changes
- Write teaching outlines and determine methods of instruction to meet the training needs and learning styles of customers.
- Partner with internal team members and with matter experts regarding instructional design
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Train customers in the use of adaptive equipment and auxiliary aids, as needed.
- Utilize customer feedback to make appropriate and timely adjustments to maximize customer learning.
- Utilize feedback of subject matter experts to review and update curriculums to ensure that they meet the needs of the business.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Maintain accurate reports to document the progress of each customer.
- Submit timely progress reports.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Take periodic inventory and order, through proper channels, all books, supplies, and other items required for training programs.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Four-year college degree in education or other related field.
- Three to five years of experience in education or corporate training. Experience working with individuals with disabilities and other barriers is preferred.
- Requires certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Must have valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to effectively present training material to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Light sedentary office work, such as typing, speaking on the phone, and using a computer to enter data.
- Must be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
- Be able to travel, as needed.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
the advantages of working here!
- Competitive wages
- Complete insurance package available for full-time employees (medical/vision/dental/)
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation, paid holidays, and more….
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
For more information about Goodwill Columbus, we invite you to click here
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.