Goodwill Industries of West Michigan
HABILITATION/SKILLS TRAINER – Full Time Position
The primary responsibilities of this position is the supervision and training of assigned program participants in the Work Activity/Work Readiness programs. Setting for service delivery will be in either the Work Center, classrooms, community integration, and may vary based on assignment.
- Will be assigned a primary setting and role by the Case Coordinators, which may change based on departmental needs or individual skill sets.
- Coordinate activities, based on the setting of service delivery, for each assigned participant in conjunction with the goals and objectives of their Individual Evaluation Plan.
- Complete daily case notes on the performance and progress of each assigned participant based on the goals and objectives in their Individual Evaluation Plan.
- Record billable hours and hours worked for each assigned participant.
- Work Center Production Responsibilities:
Follow instructions provided for processing. Package and label finished product.
Provide on-the-job training for participants. Provide feedback to Case Coordinators on skill sets and competency of participants.
Identify and request job accommodations that enhance productive capacity and capabilities of participants, such as jigs, fixtures, or templates.
Move materials correctly and safely within the production cell. Assure that participants are supplies with enough materials and supplies to support smooth production, and to meet customer delivery schedules.
Maintain work areas in a clean, safe, and organized manner. Ensure the use of proper personal protective equipment.
Perform inspections to determine product conformance to customer requirements. report any issues of non-conformance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Training or experience in behavioral modification or other learning systems is desirable.
- At least one (1) year of experience with the developmentally disabled/mentally impaired.
- Medium work, exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, reaching, handling, walking, talking and seeing.
- Limited emotional effort, Work environment routine with periods of isolated high stress.
- Habilitation services are provided both in a facility and community setting. Work conditions will vary base on assignment. Required to drive agency vans if assigned to community integration.
- Few short deadlines requiring little to no overtime.
- Ability to easily to persons served.
- Treat persons served with dignity and respect.
- Respect the rights and privacy of persons served.
- Must be flexible and have a positive attitude.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Meet customer requirements when assigned to the Work Center.
- Maintain a good driving record and valid driver license if assigned to community integration.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.