1st shift 5:45 am to 5:15 pm M-Th
Pack bags into boxes as they are produced, ensuring quality standards are being met which meet/exceed customer expectations in a Safe, Cost-Effective and Efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Fast-paced packing of bags as they come off the line
· Ensure quality of bags including glue, print, and fold
· Read and understand job pocket for product specs, quality info, how to pack jobs
· Seal boxes and put on the conveyor
· Assembly and labeling of boxes
· Maintain accurate counts of boxes and skids
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other employees’, working as a team player
· Strive to perform in a highly effective manner to ensure Fischer customers receive quality products and excellent service.
· Strive to support the Fischer Brand Essence by performing in a highly responsive, collaborative, mindful, and personal manner
· Adhere at all times to all Company policies and procedures
· Responsible for Food Safety through compliance to the following Policies and Procedures:
o Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
o Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
o Knife Policy; Glass and Brittle Plastic Policy
o Sanitation Procedures; Pest Control Procedure; Non-Conforming Product Procedure
· Assist Management in Continuous Improvement projects when available.
· Perform other additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least one year experience in a manufacturing environment
· Accuracy in order selecting and counting
· Frequent bending, occasional lifting
· Must have good communication skills
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
· Must be able to read and write English and perform basic math functions, i.e., add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and the noise level in the work environment is loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, filing cabinets, photocopiers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day
· Must regularly lift, move, carry, push, or pull items up to 15 pounds
· Must frequently lift, move, carry, push, or pull items up to 25 pounds
· Must occasionally lift, move, carry, push, or pull items up to 50 pounds
· May rarely lift, move, carry, push, or pull items up to 75 pounds
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions, adhering at all times to Fischer Safety Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position could lead to a Packer Coordinator position: Bundling Coordinator, Label Coordinator, Packer Trainer, Material Handler or Assistant Supervisor. This position could also lead to our Operator Training Program via an Operator Apprenticeship.Job
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Antioch, IL (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.