WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Are you the person who wants to inspire meaningful relationships and enhance people’s lives? Do you take pride in everything you do? We’re looking for someone like you to be a leader within our store!
WHO WE ARE:
At Hallmark Gold Crown, we believe that it is our mission to help change the world, one moment, one celebration, one relationship at a time. We take this mission seriously. Our consumers invite Hallmark into their lives to help them show how much they care – to commemorate life’s most special occasions, provide comfort through-life’s most trying times, and the everyday moments in between.
This opportunity is located at our Hallmark Gold Crown store in Canton, Michigan.
The Hallmark Gold Crown store is the destination for all things caring. The place where all of the magical things Hallmark has to offer – cards, gifts, ornaments, movies, and more – come to life to inspire and support people in their desire to care and connect. We help with the perfect solution for all of life’s relationships and occasions – to feel more deeply, to celebrate more uniquely, and to connect more often. Our store team is driven to reach store goals while delivering a memorable experience to each of our shoppers because we genuinely care and choose to make a difference in the world and in our communities. Our Store Managers are key to providing a ‘caring team’ atmosphere not only for our customers but for the sales leaders and associates that work for them. The difference begins with YOU!
As the Store Manager for a company-owned Hallmark Gold Crown retail store you are empowered to manage the store and your team to deliver on sales, people, IAT, customer service goals and store standards using the many tools and resources provided. The primary goal is to exceed sales plan for the store and to manage all operational aspects in a successful manner. You will effortlessly connect with our caring customers to support their relationship building and to earn their loyalty and return visits to your store, while inspiring your team to do the same.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A highly effective manager, trainer, coach and motivator capitalizing on your strong retail leadership experience.
- A collaborator, innovator and team leader. You lead, influence and develop exceptional relationships with our customers, and store, corporate and vendor partners.
- Your approach to connecting and communicating with others is comfortable and authentic.
- A highly capable visual merchandiser with a passion for translating our brand in a way that feels natural, organic and local.
- A tech savvy retail leader with strong proficiency in using point of sale systems, hand-held devices and Windows operating systems.
- A highly motivated individual who thrives in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment – someone always up for a challenge and inspiring others to learn and think differently.
Do the traits above describe you? (If so, you should really apply for this role!)
THE STORE MANAGER BRINGS HALLMARK’S MISSION TO LIFE BY:
- Ensuring the store meets and exceeds sales goals and identified retail metrics, including but not limited to, IAT, shrink, customer reward program, payroll, and customer service.
- Developing and delivering effective training to elevate the team to care, connect, sell and service all customers and earn their return business. Making your store one that consumers think of first.
- Coaching and developing in a way that team members will thrive, achieve and connect with our consumers.
- Successfully develop and execute in-store events and services with the local community as a center point.
- Successfully manage all daily store operations and other opportunities/projects as requested.
HALLMARK BELIEVES IN ENRICHING THE LIVES OF OUR EMPLOYEES BY OFFERING BENEFITS PROGRAMS TO HELP YOU
Hallmark employees in our Gold Crown stores play a direct role in helping our consumers connect, celebrate and commemorate life’s special occasions. Gold Crown employees scheduled to work 32 hours or more weekly receive access to benefits designed to support their health, finances and personal lives. Gold Crown benefits for eligible employee are highlighted below. Review the 2019 Benefits Guide for more detail.
In order to be considered for this role, the following is required:
- A high school diploma, GED, equivalent or higher.
- 1+ year of retail experience.
- Ability to continuously stand/walk; frequently push/pull; occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel; climb a ladder, and carry up to 40 pounds; i.e., fixture parts and cartons.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including, events, holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Availability to open and close the store 3+ times per week and 2+ weekend shifts per month.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- 3+ years of retail store manager experience with a dynamic and complex specialty retailer.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills – the ability to train and motivate employees.
- Business acumen to reach established financial goals.
- Strong verbal selling skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt to change.
- A strong sense of urgency.
- Technical proficiency with computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to learn new technology quickly.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed above) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.