Department: Cash Office/Front End/Service Center
Essential Job Functions:
1. Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
2. Foster a positive and inclusive environment to associates.
3. Manage the Office/Front End/Service Center operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
4. Manage work schedules to effectively maintain customer service standards and meet associates’ personal needs.
5. Hire, train and develop associates to meet the departmental needs.
6. Use good judgement in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
7. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Front End/Office/Service Center associates assigned.
8. Verify all customer IDs and ensure compliance with check cashing and tobacco/alcohol beverage sales policies.
9. Attain departmental budgeted payroll, over/shorts, bad checks and supplies.
10.Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
2. Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
3. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
4. Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
5. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
6. Handle cash pickups and change orders as requested and log as required.
7. Assign fixed activities to office/service center/front end associates during idle periods.
8. Ensure that return-to-stock items are handled in a prompt and orderly manner with the most immediate attention given to refrigerated and other perishable items.
9. Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
10. Ensure that all of the various types of sales transactions and media accepted by the store are handled in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements.
11.Supervise the effective operation of the office/service center/front end/bottle room (if applicable) to include cleanliness, customer service, and accurate transactions.
12.Secure office and front-end podium at all times when leaving it unattended; protect company assets at all times.
13.Have a total understanding of MPP, labor analysis, scheduling and ordering.
14. Follow all customer service department standard practices to ensure efficient operations.
15.Conduct performance appraisals in accordance with company standards.
16.Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
17. Perform cashier and/or bagging functions as needed.
18. Perform service center/office associate functions as needed.
19.Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor. Requirements Qualifications:
- A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Good understanding of store operations preferred.
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Ability to use technical information to solve problems.
- Ability to lead and direct others.
1. Ability to use computers and other communication systems required, performing all job functions.
2. Perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
3. Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on occasion.
4. Pull or push up to 75 lbs. on occasion.
5. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners.
6. Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
7. Use hands to frequently/continuously handle currency (paper and coin) as well as operate a variety of equipment such as cash register, lottery machine, scanner, computer, and calculator.
8. Lift and carry up to 15lbs occasionally.
9. Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level.
10.Meet established volume activity standards for the position.
11.Have sufficient visual activity to check ID cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.