Hartland Place Senior Living
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for Resident services and other duties as assigned, delegating duties appropriately to the other staff and volunteers as appropriate. Duties include medication administration, personal services, housekeeping, laundry, social- recreational activities, delegated tasks, meal services and others as needed for Resident well-being. Trains other staff as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Lead Supervisor
1. Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence, choice, individuality and a home-like environment for Residents.
2. Acts as a trainer for staff.
3. Checks and follows up on Physician Concerns, Pharmacy Issues, and Physician Orders including medications, treatments and labs. Sets up medical appointments and transportation.
4. Audits MARs and Med Cart, to include checking expiration dates, cleaning med cart, maintaining separation between internal and external medications, ensuring proper labeling and performing glucometer maintenance.
5. Conducts the checking in of medications and re-ordering, including cycle fill, bulk medications and PRN orders.
6. Receives and gives report from the previous shift.
7. Reads staff communication records and maintains familiarity with Resident records as required.
8. Assists with instrumental activities of daily living, ADL’s, environmental orientation, assistance with medication, treatments and other care while encouraging self care and independence.
9. Assists with setting up, serving meals and cleaning up afterwards.
10. Provides services as indicated on Resident treatment and service plans.
11. Assists Residents moving in and out as assigned.
12. Assists with laundry service
13. Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
14. Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for Residents, staff and visitors, including provision of housekeeping services for Residents.
15. Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with Resident units, the building and the grounds and communicates them appropriately.
16. Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them appropriately.
17. Observes other problems and communicates them appropriately.
18. Observes all work, safety and administrative rules.
19. Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
20. Records Resident information as required.
21. Avoids loss, breakage and waste of supplies and equipment.
22. Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety and other emergency procedures.
23. Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational activities.
24. Notifies physician, nurse and/or designated agent(s) of Resident status/change as appropriate.
25. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Willingness to adhere to assisted living principles in providing services.
2. Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
3. Keeps all information confidential.
4. Maintains acceptable attendance record/follows work schedule.
5. Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks; requires minimal supervision.
6. Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress requirements.
7. Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
8. Displays ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
9. Interacts in professional manner with Residents, public, co-workers. Works cooperatively with management. Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
10. Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), 30 lbs. regularly.
11. Adequate English speaking and writing ability; able to communicate effectively.
12. Ability to spend long period on feet and to ambulate quickly.
13. Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
14. First Aid Certified.
15. Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
16. Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
17. Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean.
18. Ability/willingness to work longer than eight (8) hour shift; to work holidays, weekends and/or overtime; to work seven (7) day schedule.
19. Ability to be on call as assigned.
20. Ability to teach/train others.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year experience in working with older adults preferred. First Aid certified. Experience as a personal care assistant preferred.
Twelve (12) plus years of education preferred. Attendance at mandatory in-service training. Maintain
First Aid Certification. Meet in-service training hours required for job classification and position
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Care needed for:
- Waiting period may apply
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.