Hi-Five Sports Club
Hi-Five Sports’ mission is to provide the highest quality youth sports programming with the utmost convenience for parents. Everyone at Hi-Five is passionate about the positive results that can be achieved by introducing children to team sports the “Hi-Five” way. We have been proudly providing families with fun and transformative Youth Sports Entertainment for nearly 3 decades.
Hi-Five’s core focus is on a multi-sport summer camp (Hi-Five Sports Camp). This is an 8-week sports extravaganza that creates valuable lifetime memories for former campers. The remainder of the year is focused on providing leagues, camps, classes and parties for customers with a level of fun, accomplishment and professionalism unmatched by other organizations.
Programs can be operated out of Hi-Five Sports Zone facilities as well as at local parks, schools, and community centers. The Hi-Five Sports Zone isn’t your typical sports facility. We’ve designed it specifically with younger children in mind—from the field size, to the height of our hoops, to our lovable mascot, Murphy. Our unique approach to sports programming and birthday parties will give families a
memorable and delightful experience.
Hi-Five Sports sees team sports as a vehicle for improving the current and future well being of children. Now more than ever, there is an urgent need for children to be physically active and dis-connected from
technology. Experiences and skills gained through sports are often forgotten or ignored, and generations of children are missing out on life lessons that would be instrumental to their personal growth.
A Hi-Five Sports Zone Instructor will lead a group of players during parties, camps, and clinics. Instructors will be in charge of leading their teams development, practices, scrimmages, and games. During birthday parties, Instructors will assist with directing their designated area(s). During school break camps, instructors will be in charge of their team’s development and relationships throughout the day/week. Lesson plans will be provided.
Coaches are paid an hourly wage bi-weekly. Wages will be based on experience. $12.50 – 14.00/hour
based on experience.
Ideal candidates have the following qualities and experience:
- Be passionate about creating positive environments and experiences for children
- Have an outgoing, energetic attitude, and be confident in teaching, leading, and facilitating discussions with children ages 3 – 13 years old.
- Experience working with and love of children of a variety of ages, abilities, and personalities
- Graduating seniors and college students with athletic and/or team experience
- Sports experience – intercollegiate, intramural, and/or high school experience
- Experience playing and/or coaching one or more of the following sports: soccer, baseball/softball, basketball, football, and fitness.
- Flexible, takes direction and has initiative, and is comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment
- Summer Camp experience a plus
We are currently looking for Instructors that are available part time. This position may lead to an full time position based on performance.
Mandatory paid trainings will occur once employment is complete. Training will be paid at the employee’s agreed wage.
All candidates accepted for the position will be asked to undergo a fingerprinted background check by the Department of Justice.
Instructors are responsible for leading, implementing, and instructing small groups of children during camps, programs, offsite events, and clinics. Essential Job Functions include:
1. Lead a small group of players in organized drills, games, and scrimmages.
2. Take charge of their respective court/field during birthday parties
3. Assist with offsite events and afterschool programs.
4. Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
5. Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures. Set a good example to children and others in regard to general company procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
6. Represent the company when interacting with parents or community members. Provide parents
appropriate feedback and information for their child to have a successful experience. Always and in all ways, present a positive image of the company and yourself.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.