Community Name: 5085 GARDEN VALLEY ROSEBURG OR
Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
In the role of Resident Experience Coordinator, you are empowered to work side by side with resident’s discovering their strengths and talents to provide a purpose for each new day.Facilitating connections so people become well-known and belong to the community is an integral component of every task. Reporting to the community GM, this role will plan and execute activities that meet the interests of the residents. There is an emphasis on spontaneous interactions and pop up opportunities that add delight and surprise to the resident’s day.
Resident Experience Coordinator:
- A known champion for creating a culture that is resident directed, focused on identifying and highlighting resident strengths, creating an environment that restores one’s purpose and allows opportunities for being well-known and belonging in the community.
- Lead and track the Resident Welcome Home Program as well as assuming partial responsibility for resident satisfaction within the first 90 days. Capture and input resident profiles and demographics.
- Find creative ways to keep residents connected to one another, to the internal community, to their hobbies, interests and the outside community as well.
- Incorporates elements of spontaneity, simple pleasures and looks for continuous opportunities to delight and surprise residents.
- Assume responsibility to educate other associates on creating an environment where strengths, purpose and belonging flourish and grow.
- Suggest topics and lead learning circles focused on the resident’s experience.
- Involves residents in all resident experience decisions and asks residents for solutions to any issues the community encounters.
- Supports residents and guests with questions, concerns and emergencies; may be the first point of contact for emergency responders and/or regulatory agencies.
- Supports community operations to ensure the highest levels of resident experience and satisfaction.
- Encourages and promotes resident volunteerism, both internally and externally.
- Adheres to monthly budget and continually looks for ways to enhance the resident experience in terms of the quality of programs paid vendors deliver.
- Plan and implement special seasonal events to celebrate resident birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
- Keeps Activity Room organized and welcoming.
- Assist in arranging and at times render transportation for the residents.
- Lead exercise sessions and coordinate with professional instructors to teach fitness classes (i.e., Tai Chi or Yoga) – based on budget and/or resident interest.
- Recruit and coordinate resident and public volunteers to successfully enhance daily activities and events – focusing on volunteers’ interests and passions.
- Participate in regional conference calls and companywide trainings.
- Build relationships and market program successes on a weekly basis with local community contacts. Network to establish opportunities for residents to volunteer and give back to the local community.
- Promote activities, events, and community within the media by working with Support Center Communications and Resident Experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience coordinating, planning and executing group activities and events.
- Must possess a good driving record, valid drivers’ license and may require a current CDL License or be able to obtain a CDL within 60 days of employment to safely operate the Community bus for activity and program related outings.
- Strong team player!
- 40 hour/work week with flexibility to shift hours or work additional hours if budgeted and approved.
- Thorough knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
For over 45 years, Holiday Retirement has been committed to helping older people live better by providing the very best options for independent and assisted living. Today, we are proud to offer older adults the choice of over 250 communities throughout the US. Holiday Retirement communities are unlike any other. Our unique locations offer an exceptional lifestyle full of enriching activities for our residents, as well as deeply fulfilling careers for those who embrace our mission and principles.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Req ID: 81124
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.