The Shift Manager is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: managing, directing, and leading a diverse group of personnel; coordinating treatment, developing and implementing program plans and activities which meet the overall mission goals and objectives, and ensuring a high level of customer service, quality of care, and a healthy and safe working and living environment for consumers and staff. The Shift Manager provides counseling, coaching, and mentoring to staff members while working hands on as a direct care provider.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Complete all direct care providing staff responsibilities for the program as outlined in the applicable job description.
3. Provide leadership, support, and direction to staff members, orienting and training employees in maintaining a safe, secure, environment for consumers and staff members.
4. Manages and administers performance evaluations, staff communications, expectations, planning, monitoring program, and coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions to employees.
5. Monitors, evaluates, makes recommendations, and implements changes as needed to meet program requirements, policies, procedures, and standards while maintaining high consumer quality care and service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; investigates, analyzes, recommends and resolves consumer complaints; identifies trends; makes program changes as needed for overall improvement.
6. Develops and implements group and individual interactive activity programs/schedules/plans for consumers and provides appropriate support, resources, communication, and feedback to staff members.
7. Coordinates staff schedules, accommodations, on-call rotation, while being a strong advocate for the stewardship of budgetary considerations regarding staff members.
8. Understand and work closely with outside agencies to meet the program standards for residential programs/facilities, ensuring program is in compliance.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Serves as liaison to state and local psychiatric hospitals when needed, developing relationships with individuals referred for services and assisting in transition from hospital setting to Harbor Point Intensive.
2. Consistently work to eliminate barriers to bringing in people who are not well received typically due to history of violence and other disruptive institutional behaviors. Help the floor staff be receptive to new residents.
3. Serves as a leader in modeling treatment modalities on floor as they are implemented: Particularly, trauma informed care, ensuring that all interactions on units are consistent with the elements of TIC.
4. Responsible for completing Performance Evaluations for ½ of the total staff members—occasionally more as needed.
5. Responsible for completing to implementation of SATORI and be a trainer for other staff. Ensure that staff are following new procedures correctly.
6. Responsible for proactively developing team-building opportunities for staff members.
7. Modeling leadership and implementation of Skills Groups.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
2. Current driver’s license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Behavioral Health Services corporate policy.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. One-year experience in a residential setting preferred.
Shift: 2nd Position Type (Portal Searching): Regular Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.