Husky Injection Molding
Husky is a company with a strong foundation built on innovation, close customer relationships, a strong sense of community and a unique culture and values. We are looking for people with the inspiration and talent to develop with us as we pursue our ambitious growth strategy.
Husky offers a wealth of opportunity for personal growth and development. Most importantly, Husky offers an opportunity to work with – and be challenged by – a team of great people. Our success is possible because of the creativity, intelligence and passion of our people around the world and their desire to lead change. At the same time, we are not afraid to expect a lot and strive for leadership in all of our key markets. We are a company taking on new challenges and for the right people this means exceptional career development opportunities, the chance to be part of a team that is the best in the world at what we do and the experience that comes from working in an environment that demands constant transformation and innovation.
Husky’s United States manufacturing facility is located in Milton, Vermont on a large, beautiful campus located just 30 minutes north of downtown Burlington, Vermont. Features include an onsite cafeteria, open office concept, fitness center, intramural sports activities and clean, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with outstanding safety records. We offer a great work environment, competitive total compensation and attractive benefits package.
Husky is an exciting company with tremendous potential. We have a great team and great expectations. If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, support mutual respect, care about environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you to join the Husky team!
You will be responsible for meeting delivery commitments made by you and other manufacturing team leaders. This will include, but is not limited to: improving safety, workflow, quality and productivity efficiencies within the team in which you are responsible for. Other responsibilities include establishing and communicating short-term goals in line with the department and company goals and managing a team of technicians.
- Provide leadership and be the point of contact for all issues involving your team on all shifts
- Communicate with other leaders in the business to ensure timely decisions and to keep work flowing
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with support functions including; Maintenance, Quality, Design, Production Support, Scheduling, and Manufacturing Engineering
- Drive accountability within the department to promote maximum team performance and ownership
- Ensure smooth handoff between incoming and next shift to support meeting internal and external commitments
- Implement changes driven by work center champions with a sense of urgency and diligence
- Ensure individual objectives properly align with department and business needs
- Conduct regular one on one meetings with team members, support individual development plans and conduct performance reviews
- Drive the necessary cross training to support the ability to keep work flowing
- Set clear expectations for training and check-in regularly with trainer and trainee on progress
- Support and drive continuous improvement throughout the cell, collaboratively with the other manufacturing team leaders on all shifts (as applicable)
- Hold regular team meetings for team members on all shifts
- A high school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a technical or business discipline
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment (machine shop environment preferred)
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a group of people
- Understanding of Lean concepts in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience with conflict management
- Working knowledge of Baan, OFS, MS Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to learn new computer skills quickly
- Demonstrated ability to drive step by step function improvements and implement change in a short period of time
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Well organized, including the ability to schedule multiple resources and activities
- Minimal travel is expected with this position
- Shift flexibility and overlap is expected with this position to sufficiently supervise and develop both day, afternoon, and evening shifts
Husky Injection Molding Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and respect, value and welcome diversity in our workplace. Husky also values being a great place to work and strives to maintain a safe workplace. Accordingly, Husky conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory completion of background checks.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.