Icon Management Services
Our mission at ICON is to consistently anticipate and exceed our customers’ expectations by providing outstanding facilities and superior service at each and every one of our clubs. We strive for constant improvement and will conduct ourselves according to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Job Title: Fitness Coordinator
Reports To: General Manager
Our state of the art fitness center and equipment is looking for a person with a passion for wellness and improving physical fitness for our community members to join our team immediately. We are looking for someone who can develop, organize and maintain an athletic and fitness program for members in an effective, efficient and professional manner. Advise members on issues related to fitness using knowledge of fitness, exercise principles and major health risk factors. Keep abreast of trends in the fitness industry. Promote use of the facilities to members and their families.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide exceptional Customer Service by exceeding residents’ expectations and needs.
- Develops, implements, and provide fitness services and programs to community members.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge about fitness and personal training by remaining current with trends in the industry.
- Responsible for marketing the facility and services.
- Must be willing to deliver the highest level of quality customer service (aggressive hospitality) to our clients.
- Oversee and develop class schedules and individualized fitness programs
- Work with housekeeping department to ensure cleanliness of fitness facilities
- Assess the clients’ level of physical fitness and help them set and reach their fitness goals
- Handle administrative duties, such as scheduling personal training sessions, training staff, setting schedules for fitness programs, hiring & monitoring classroom teachers and trainers.
Educations/Certificates/Licenses/Training: Keep state approved personal training or group training certification required as needed.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and train in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Needs to show initiative and passion to community members. Must be computer literate.
- Need to be able to successfully tailor programs to various age groups and fitness levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology or related field preferred not required
- Must have current, valid CPR and First Aid certifications
- 2+ years’ experience in personal training or group fitness instruction
- Ability to perform exercises and movements as demonstrations for client
Flexible work schedule needed to fit seasonal requirements.
ICON Management offers benefits to all full time employees the first of the month following 60 days of employment. The following benefit programs are available to eligible employees:
- Health Insurance with employer contribution
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
*The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and safely. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please speak to your supervisor if you feel that you require an accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Personal Training: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- CPR/First Aid (Preferred)
- Personal Trainer (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.